“Decent sushi” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
Ohio
“Decent sushi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

The sushi here, while not the best I've ever had, was still really good. My sister and I both ordered two rolls and a salad and were content. Service was really good as well. Price seemed pretty good for the size of the roll we got.

• Visited May 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Not blown away”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

On reading the good reviews and the varied menu that seemed to cater well for vegetarians, we headed down to Sharaku with quite high expectations. Unfortunately we left a little underwhelmed. We share 2 starters; the tofu in tempura sauce and the vegetable tempura. The tofu was in a nice sauce but the tofu itself was too fine for the dish. The tempura batter tasted weird (we couldn't place how) and some of the vegetables erred on the side of underdone even for this dish. The sushi selection was much better - fresh and tasty. The vegetable rolls were large and also good. Service was fine, though the chef seemed to be struggling despite the small restaurant only being half full so there were lots of apologies for delays (and free edamame beans). Value was excellent for what we had but it wasn't quite up to the standard we were expecting.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A must for good Japanese in Auckland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

We had dinner at Sharaku recently and were very impressed by the quality of the food and the service. Fresh fish, traditional Japanese, good ambience, excellent service...what more could you ask for!

Visited January 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Favorite Japanese restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have been going to this restaurant since year 2002, and I have noticed their owner/manager has never changed. Food are always exceptional, service always polite. They used to have menu with photos years ago, which is easier for new customers, i have to admit. I love their nabayaki udon, futomaki roll, and fresh sashimi. Price is reasonable, but not cheap, reason being it is a more formal Japanese restaurant,I reckon.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wendy C
Cloverdale, Canada
“Super downtown spot for Sushi! Tops for me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

I made a reservation on Open Table for 11:45AM when they opened. I'm glad I did because they filled up really fast. The ambiance is really nice and perfect for lunch. Service was fast and really pleasant people.

The salmon sashimi (guest had) she loved the flavour. I had the lunch special roll combo that came with Miso soup. Yummy spicy tuna and the dynamite was hot. the Ebi Gyoza was a tad overcooked for my liking but still enjoyed how they presented.

I would recommend this as one of the best sushi with a great variety of choices for various dishes - not just sushi. It's worth a stop with the right pricing for everyone.

• Visited June 2013