“Great experience”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

We had a 5 course meal, very reasonably priced at $39pp, and were very impressed by the standard of the food and the service. Although we love Japanese food we often stick to what we know so this was a great chance to try several new dishes. The fish was beautifully fresh, caught the same day, and each new dish was thoroughly explained as it arrived. The service was fantastic, despite ordering a set menu they were more than happy to accommodate small changes to our tastes, and each dish arrived promptly. Definitely would eat there again, and absolutely recommend it to others.

Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Food is ok but nothing special. Limited choice of sushi. The fish look ok but not very fresh. However, I think it is pricy.

I believe that Auckland should have some other Japanese restaurant better than this.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the worst Japanese restaurant I've been. Food is overpriced and service is too slow. I had the sushi set and the fish is not fresh and the rice is too soft. The embrace is good but the food is a disappointment. I won't return back to this place again.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The meal was quite OK althogh nothing exceptional. Good service.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I love Japanese food and often go to Yakitori and Kura in the CBD but I wanted to try some other place. I looked at all these great reviews before I went to Sharaku with my husband and my son. Food was below average comparing with other Japanese restaurants, the lady manager was impolite and we all got sick after this lovely place (we shared meals).