“Service is too slow”

Cuisines: Asian, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is the worst Japanese restaurant I've been. Food is overpriced and service is too slow. I had the sushi set and the fish is not fresh and the rice is too soft. The embrace is good but the food is a disappointment. I won't return back to this place again.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The meal was quite OK althogh nothing exceptional. Good service.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

I love Japanese food and often go to Yakitori and Kura in the CBD but I wanted to try some other place. I looked at all these great reviews before I went to Sharaku with my husband and my son. Food was below average comparing with other Japanese restaurants, the lady manager was impolite and we all got sick after this lovely place (we shared meals).

Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is our favourite Japanese restaurant in the CBD. We visit on a regular basis and have no hesitation recommending it to visitors. I love their salmon and often have an all salmon sashimi platter Their steak is delicious, the udon noodles are as good as any where else, as is the teriyaki salmon don. Try the starters. The gomae (Japanese sesame spinach) is yummy and the gyozas are good too. the blackboard specials can be worth trying, and the tempura is crisp and light. The bento boxes are good value. The food is consistently good quality . A very reasonably priced restaurant and the staff give excellent service.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

The food here is really good, the ambiance is airy, and the prices are very reasonable.

I really only eat here for lunch and I've eaten here a great many times (say twice a month for quite a few years). I use the restaurant when I need a good meal in a nice setting for a sensible price. They deliver every time.

This restaurant does get busy over lunch and it's a good idea to make a reservation if you have other than a small group.

One tip is that if you're going to order sushi then get there at as close to noon as possible because they have only one sushi chef and getting sushi takes ages if there's a backlog of orders.

This is my favorite Japanese restaurant in Auckland by far.