“Varies”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
“Varies”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I have dined at this restaurant twice now.

I had an overall pleasant experience both times. Both times I enjoyed my meals. I went in two different settings, first was a romantic dinner with my partner almost 2 years ago and we were given good service and good food.

Last time I dined was a couple of months ago with a huge group of friends, and although I arrived late while staff were trying to cook everyone's meal on time, I was still served straight away and they rushed out my meal on time with the others. Great service! It arrived almost too quick as if it was pre prepared but it tasted fine so I wasn't bothered.

I had a nice meal but I was with a large group and a few around me were less than pleased. Their meal looked and tasted like something out of a packet. One meal was the tortilini pasta. I didn't think it looked worth the $30 either. I am sure it was a packet of Frescarini pasta from the supermarket.

So this place varies a lot depending on what you order. Staff were nice for me both times and they had live Italian music which was great. Love the decorations on the walls too.

• Visited July 2012

“Not much going for it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We dropped in here for a Sunday lunch ...we had been a few years ago but have stayed away from Mission Bay generally as there are a lot of better restaurants in Ponsonby, Newmarket etc.

Only three tables were occupied when we arrived but the young lady who seated us advised us they were short of menus so we had to share one. The waiter who took our order seemed to be doing everything in a slow sequence, almost as if he was following a check list. Not a lot of personality in either of the two helpers so far and a third chap seemed to keep coming and going with what might have been takeaways.

The wine list was unimpressive. The antipasto we shared wasn't bad but took a l...o...n...g time to come as did the two pastas we ordered...cannelloni and gnocchi . Both were bland, nothing special and drowned in pasta sauce. Might have been served in a fast food store.

The restaurant overall was dark and gloomy inside. and the very loud Italian music was over the top. The ladies toilets needed repairs.

So ... Go somewhere else..there are plenty of options even in Mission Bay..we had coffee at another place.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Feels like having a meal in a little cafe in Europe!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

We were quite taken by the decor of the restaurant and the feeling that we are in Italy when we were greeted by the Restaurant manager and the waiters who spoke with a strong European accent.

The food was good but the presentation was simple and not trendy or can be classified as "Italian cuisine" standard as the impression the restaurant website would have portrayed.

Overall the staff were friendly but the service was slow but we were not in a hurry that night and was happy to have family chat while waiting for our food.

• Visited January 2012
Auckland
“service nearly arrives to the top level”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The food is excellent, but the staff services are not very good. In fact, the cleaning is excellent. The drink is nice.Totally the restaurant is very good.

• Visited February 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Food was okay but service was terrible!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Maybe, just maybe, it was a Sunday evening, service was just not on. Lack of staff maybe. Food came out very slowly. Those who ordered after us came out first, dishes came out not at the same time, had to wait for a while before we could order something,.... etc. Foodwise, it was okay. Went there just because we had discounted voucher.

• Visited February 2012