“Beautifully presented food and great service”

Sansui Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #1,196 of 2,276 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Japanese
wellington
“Beautifully presented food and great service”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is my third visit and Sansui is as consistent as ever with a high standard of service and the most wonderful Japanese food. Cant reccomend this place enough something a bit special. Let the photos speak for themselves - thanks sansui we will be back! May try the private room next time

• Visited May 2012

Auckland
“traditonal restaurant”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The food is amazing.The atmosphere is good. The staff service is excellent. Also, the hygiene is excellent. Everything is ok. The toilet is good.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Value for money”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Excellent food. Great service. Would coming back for special occasion.

Victoria
“Very nice and satisfying meal...”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I went here for dinner and found the ambience to my liking.

I ordered the unagi and was impressed by how it was presented --- when my order arrived, it was blow-torched in front of me!

The dessert named All Blacks (after all, I was in NZ!) was a standout --- black sesame ice cream and black sesame panna cotta.

I will going back here!

Visited March 2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dipping anything form Sansui in soy sauce would be a mistake!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Went to Sansui for a late night dinner in early April. The restaurant was fairly empty, so I received lots of attention initially. I ordered miso soup, agedashi tofu, the medium combo and some green tea. The food was all excellent. The fish in particular was some of the best I have had in a very long time. It was fresh, the texture was as it should be, and each piece was interesting. To the sashimi, the chefs added a little something to each piece to make them REALLY tasty. Dipping anything in soy sauce would be a mistake.

My only complaint was the service. All of my food came out at roughly the same time, instead of being paced. And, I felt a little neglected towards the end of the meal. But, this wasn't bad enough to subtract a star!

I'll definitely go back the next time I am in Auckland.