“Great Restaurant!”
Review of Sails Restaurant

Sails Restaurant
Ranked #107 of 2,344 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sails Restaurant has an amazing location. Set in the middle of Westhaven Marina, beside the Harbour Bridge, with breathtaking views of the harbour. There are few views in the world that capture the essence of the city than the one from Sails Restaurant. A couple of minutes from the centre of Auckland, yet in a world of its own, with unlimited free parking at the door, Sails Restaurant is not just about its location. Over the last three decades the restaurant has forged its reputation as one of New Zealand’s top restaurants through an uncompromising belief in using only the freshest ingredients, the most talented chefs, and professional waiting staff. The menu at Sails is seafood focused, but also includes New Zealand’s finest beef and lamb. The full menu and all the details can be found on our website.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Don't let the 80's retro New Jersey Soprano's interior throw you (kind of feels good and comfortable again). The food, service, presentation, wine list were all excellent! Nice spot to entertain looking over the harbor or for special occasions. Not inexpensive, we spent $500+NZ for 2 and thought it was worth every penny.
We had a 8:30 reservation (Sails was fully booked) and with our early plane arrival, showed up at 6:30, and they were nice enough to accommodate us (a less than desireable location, but we got seated): thanks.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Really enjoyed this experience, a big contrast from the previous evening in Hammerheads. The layout of the restaurant allows for a really nice atmosphere but with space for all - so tables are not too close. The service from entering was exceptional, and went right through the meal to leaving. The food was of good quality and accompanied by a diverse and extensive wine list. If you are booking a table then I would request a window seat, or if they don't have those available ask for a table at the front of the upper tier as the views from here are just as good. I will be back here next time I am in Auckland....

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Enjoyed a business meal in small group. We were greeted and seated by a very friendly female maitre D'. Intoruced to our wait person. Service was very good. View from window great for watching the hustle and bustle of the harbour. A large cruise ship berthed right alongside created some intrigue also. The farmed Stewart Island oysters were fantastic. Worth going there just for them. Expensive but they were two bites to the oyster. Seafood stew was more bouillabaisse or soup like which took the shine off meal. Two had this as main and both were disappointed. Others had the venison which was very good.

As said friendly and efficient service. Restaurant was very clean and seating was well placed.

Will dine here again if only for the Oysters!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I dined at Sails for a business dinner this week. Have always had beautiful meals here and was looking forward to another one. Unfortunately this didn't happen with my main course of terakihi. It was so dry and unedible. I sent it back and they came back with another terakihi meal for me but unfortunately it tasted exactly the same. I was also disappointed with my dessert of icecream and sorbet. Fairly bland. Having said all this, everyone else had nice meals! Also the wine waiter never gave our ordering guest a sample of wine to taste before pouring. We had all noted that and thought it was bad service. Unfortunately for me, I have now been put off returning to Sails.

1  Thank Joanne1201
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very attentive waiters with genuine knowledge of wine and food offered. A truly delightful evening. Just one gripe, I hated looking at the neighbouring Yacht Sales Office's flags right in front of Sails windows while dining. Wouldn't it be courteous of them to take them down after-hours? I hope Sails request this as it was an eye-sore. I will request a table at the other end of the restaurant next time.