“Excellent !”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 6, 2012

A friend invited me for lunch and I have to say that I was really impressed. Pleasant atmosphere, food outstanding. The right combination of flavours and size of portions. They looked after us in a very professional and friendly manner; is rare nowadays.
Coffee was perfect and very good value for money. Highly recommendable and definitely I will be back !

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Safran in David Crescent Newmarket, has been in the local scene for a few years now and from our recent brunch, the food is still well rated. Coffees arrived a few minutes after we were seated and I will commend the waiter for getting my cappuccino as I requested. Not many restaurants actually listen well.

My husband and I chose from the $14 specials menu and we were not disappointed. I opted for the Esqueixada, best described as a "grilled fish version of ceviche" which tasted wonderfully fresh. My other half had a penne with chorizo which he loved being a fan of all chorizos.

The bill when it came was $35 which was good value for money. Safran has indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoors is fantastic on a fine summer day in Auckland - otherwise, indoors may be more conducive for enjoying your meal. Safran, as other restaurants around David Crescent, can be a tad quiet on weekends before lunchtime. Empty seats can deter patrons but we loved the fact that it was quiet.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

First restaurant I have been to in Auckland and it was great. Great location in the middle of Newmarket. Nice atmosphere. Got help from the waitress about wine which was excellent. Food was reasonably priced and portion were of a good size. Excellent dessert.

Owner threw in a free drink for all of us which was nice.

Would definitely go back and would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family (husband and daughters aged 5 and 8) had dinner there recently and the food was fantastic. Very fresh, good size portion. Nice atmosphere in the restaurant and very efficient and friendly servce: they were happy to amend their menu to accomodate our children's requests...

Reviewed May 28, 2012

One of my favourite restaurants in Auckland. Tasty Mediterranean cooking at a reasonable price. They also do a discounted weekend menu, $14 for a main course.
My favourite dish is the Matador's Cape; chicken, pepper, rice and chorizo, really tasty and generous sized portion (sadly it's not on the discount list)