“Great value meal”

Renkon
Ranked #283 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is basic Japanese fare, cost is very reasonable and meals are a good size and tasty.
I had the karage chicken with noodles, but have tried most of the menu and they are all awesome.

Great for lunch or a quick dinner.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

When you are trying to find un-pretentious food and limitted selection to warm your body then this is the place. It is not very cheap but good enough considering Auckland is quite expensive.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Renkon - Pitt Street

We stumbled across this little gem after about an hour of wandering around Auckland - we were looking for something light, healthy and inexpensive.

Renkon ticked all three boxes.

We payed $11 each for the Teriyaki Chicken - they were huge serves which left us both feeling very satisfied. Heaps of perfectly cooked vegetables, tasty chicken and beautifully steamed rice impressed us so much that we went back again the next night to try something different with friends who live in Auckland. We were not disappointed - the second meal was as healthy and generously served as the first and again at the bargain price of $11! Our friends had never eaten at Renkon before and I think we converted them!

Both nights we went they were busy up until closing time and the food is cooked fresh to order so you can be assured that there is nothing sitting around unhygenically. They do a roaring takeaway business as well which makes for a nice change to the regular fast food fare.

With three locations around Auckland, you'd be mad to miss this quick and fresh dining experience. I know that if I lived in Auckland this would be a weekly habit. If you live in Auckland and like Japanese food, you should definitely make it part of your regular dining out habits too!

Reviewed April 20, 2012

On a recent visit to Auckland, I spent one afternoon wandering up and down High Street. I went past Renkon at lunchtime and it was jampacked full of people...a good sign! So I went back a couple of hours later to get some food to take away (I ate in the nearby plaza). For $11 you got a decent amount of yummy food. Worth checking out if you're in the area.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

(I actually go to the Renkon on Pitt Street but they don't seem to have their own page). The food is really tasty and a good price at around $11 for a large meal. I eat a range of things on their menu from the Chicken Karaage to the Pork Misodare to the Salmon Teriyaki. It's a good meeting spot in town to have dinner with a friend.

They're also open for lunch and you can grab food to takeaway. It's worth ringing ahead to order as they cook everything fresh and can be very busy (though I don't think I've ever waited more than ten minutes).

I've been going here for several years and happily keep going back :)