“Good Japanese eats made by Japanese people”
Review of Renkon

Renkon
Ranked #635 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 10, 2013

So many places try to mimic Japanese food, but when you find out that the chef is other than Japanese, it makes you feel disappointed and also you know you are not getting the real deal.

Renkon has Japanese staff cooking the food, taking the orders and running the place. Their food offering is a donburi style, which consists of rice, with a choice of topping, with shredded salad and some dressing.

The taste is quite good, I had the chicken katsu which is crumbed chicken deep fried and sliced up into edible sizes. I felt the rice portion was small so I would have liked a little more if it was possible.

Parking : you'll find parking on the road side, mostly pay parking, but if you go on the side streets you can get away with some free parking. Best to use it if you are doing takeaways from here.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Auckland! Staff is amazing and very friendly, food is delicious and healthy. Portions are quite big and you won't spend a lot. Atmosphere is very quiet and homey.

I would recommend Renkon to everyone!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had dinner here and really enjoyed it. The food is piping hot, fresh and healthy. The potato pancakes, tempura and kazu (?) Chicken were fab. I also recommend the Suntory pilsner. Yum! We will most definitely be back. Excellent value for money...dinner for two with 2 mains, two appetizers and 2 beer was $54.00.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is our all time favorite Japanese restaurant. We have been dinning there for at least 9 years and we have never been disappointed. Food is always great and service never failed us. If you want have cheap, healthy and most importantly tasty dinner or lunch head to Renkon in Parnell.

1  Thank Spatchski
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food at Renkon is amazing. The food comes in a bowl and is extremely filling. The staff are extremely friendly. If you needed more sauce in your meal (which I recommend asking for) they do it with out any trouble. Food is extremely cheap for what you get. It doesn't have a fancy or romantic environment but it is a nice place to eat. It also looks like they do takeaways as well. I would definitely recommend it and I will be going there again soon.