“Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Prego Restaurant

Prego Restaurant
Ranked #34 of 2,200 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: outdoor dining, Take out available, Full menu all day and night.
UK
“Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

Apart from a minor misunderstand over our reservation we had a great evening. We had reserved a table for a party of 7 to be told on arrival that we did not have a reservation as they only accepted reservations for 8 or more. However I would still recommend this as a destination for casual dining with competent Italian cooking, very friendly and efficient service without too large a bill at the end.

• Visited March 2014

Wellington, New Zealand
“Great service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived here wanting to eat early as we had missed lunch and the kitchen is open from 12 so we were able to get food no problem. Waiter had awesome knowledge of wine list and recommended perfect bottle. Food was quick and perfect. Loved sitting out in the front courtyard.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank TravelGuyWgtn
Chicago
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

We ate at Prego on the suggestion of our b&b owner, and we're we glad we did. The servers were attentive and friendly without being overbearing. The food was outstanding, with sauces and seasonings that were just right. I most highly recommend the fish of the day and the ciocolatto dessert. You won't be disappointed.

Visited March 2014
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

I first visited Prego in 1996-- the food was amazing! Returning to Auckland in 2012, I decided to try it again-- was as delicious as I had remembered it! My boyfriend enjoyed it as much as I did-so much so, that we had our leaving Auckland meal here. This past February, we were again in Auckland, this time with friends of ours, and, with it being my birthday, I chose to celebrate at Pregos. The food was delicious, the wine tasty, and the wait staff was awesome!! Mark, who it turned out was originally from Vancouver, was a blast! He was efficient, energetic, and helpful~ as well as the waiter we dubbed the 'cutlery ninja'( didn't get his name) but as soon as cutlery was dropped on the floor, there he was with clean cutlery in hand! This was a great night, and a fantastic way to spend my birthday! Thank you Prego!!

• Visited February 2014
West Malling, United Kingdom
“Super Service..and the food is great as well”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Coming back after a few years can be difficult but this is not the case here - the quality of the food is still the same high level!
But the best this time: The Service. My wife could not really make her mind up which Pinot Gris to order - after a short discussion with the waitress the waitress disappeared and arrived with 3 different choices to taste. For dessert my wife had a Creme Brulee with Rhubarb and when the waitress asked if everything was ok my wife commented that the Rhubarb could have been cooked a bit longer but was still nice. Again the waitress leaves and comes back after a while - they have checked with the Chef and they thought as well that it wasa bit undercooked. So the waitress apologized - even if it was not a complaint at all and of course the dessert was taken off the bill. This is customer service at it's finest!!

• Visited February 2014