“Best Pizza Ever”

Ranked #32 of 2,306 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: outdoor dining, Take out available, Full menu all day and night.
Waihi, New Zealand
“Best Pizza Ever”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We always have lunch at Prego when in Auckland.
I love the buzz of the place & staff are always helpful.
I always have their pizza, its the best. Cooked in their stone oven to order, I couldn't find one to beat it in all of Italy. The cocktails are a must.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank carol v

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good food, condesending waiter, an ok experience”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I took a client out to lunch here, as I had heard it was a brilliant place. The decor is simple but nothing extraordinary. I was prepared to be wow-ed based on what I had heard. My main of Gnocci came in a very small portion. I was glad I had ordered a side salad, but this also failed to impress.
My dessert (sticky pate pudding) was fantastic however. As was my wine. They have an extensive wine list.
But the waiter we had was very haughty. He barely broke out a smile the whole time he waited on us and looked down his nose at us.
This looks more like a place one would go to to see society's "it" crowd, rather than for the experience. I didn't really enjoy my visit there.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I ate at Prego and the food was amazing. I had one of the salads to start with, a butternut squash and pumpkin salad with feta and honey. The combination was amazing. The staff were very attentive and helpful, and I had the gnocchi to follow (a dish I normally do not enjoy) this was perfect. To go with the meal we had a very nice New Zealand red wine. The tiramasu dessert was a lovely end to the meal, and they also make delicious cocktails. The staff were very patient with us being the last people in the restaurant, and did not hurry us out at all.

• Visited August 2013
“Eat, drink and be seen”
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Was taken to Prego by an Auckland native (he is in media of course and by the looks of it most of the clientele is). While everyone was busy checking each other out, I was busy checking my food (and the wine list!) both of them were good and service was very friendly!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank RocknRoll_tours
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“A Ponsonby Road Icon, Can Be Very Noisy on a Sunday Night”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Four of us came here for dinner on a Sunday night at about 6pm, the place was busy with lots of family groups. It had a nice REAL fire going inside opposite the bar area which is very tight. Fortunately we got a table out the front in the courtyard. I would not have enjoyed eating inside as it was too noisy with small children running around; but this maybe different later at night?. Any way this place has been around for as long as Mosses has been in short pants. Service and food were both okay. 1 bottle of wine ($42), 1 beer ($12), 1 Mojito ($16) and four glasses of wine ($12.50 each) + the meal came to all up $352 (so $88 pp). I'm told the food is consistently good here by the locals. Howver, definetly not a romantic place to go to on Sunday nights!