“Not really for me”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I came here with my family last week. I would have preferred to sit outside at one of the street-side cafes, but they wanted to sit inside in a non-airconditioned restaurant in the Auckland humidity. The menu is huge, maybe 40-50 different meals, which is always off-putting to me, as how can the kitchen do so many different courses well? In addition, I didn't find any of the meals interesting, just basic veal/beef, chicken and fish options, plus pasta and pizza. No craft beers on the menu. I really had trouble choosing what to eat as nothing inspired me, so ended up having an entre (prawns), which were nice.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had lunch here on New Year's Eve 2013. The place was busy, but service excellent, ice cold Peroni on a hot day, tasty starters really nice pasta, all served fresh, and with a smile. Not the cheapest option but worth it.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Large busy restaurant with good Italian food. Suitable for kids, couples and groups. Well appointed inside and outside is well protected and heated. Not really a romantic place but right on the water and well worth a visit. We even had an Italian waiter!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We were in Viaduct area having trouble finding a place to park to grab lunch...a 5-10 minute drive we found Mission Bay area and Portofino. Parking was $4 instead of $15 in CBD and they give you credit on the bill if you show them the receipt. Food was good, service was good we would go back.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

While staying in Auckland i had a lunch and dinner at portifino both were amazing full of flavor! Loved the fact that everyone that served me was italian too made it a all round italian experince