“Mouth watering food!”
Review of Patio Cafe - CLOSED

Patio Cafe
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 23, 2013

To put it simply we really enjoyed our food, just top class! The restaurant itself is very comfortable and the staff were pleasant too. All in all would def recommend if you happen to be in that neck of the woods!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This restaurant was off the beaten path and had our friends not previously dined there, we would never have known it existed. The restaurant is clean and open and when we went at 8pm yesterday, we were the only ones there. They have a great $35.00 special for an entrée, main, and dessert. The food came quickly, the portions were large and tasty. This was a great find with a great price.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We very rarely get too go out due too having an young child at home. Wealeays saw this place when strolling through the city on weekends & decided too give it a try on what was meant to be a pleasant evening with the hubby. After seating ourselves after waiting almost half an hour at the entrance due to a sign saying please wait to be seated , crossed a barely occupied room to the outside patio were we were surprised to see what looked like staff members sitting down eating. After twenty minutes without even a glance towards us & too my hubbys embarrassment i got up & walked over too thier table asking if we could maybe get some menu's & water for our table. Not only was i met wih blank stares & a look ove atitude from one girl who told us too see the guy behind the bar too order food as they were having a team meeting. I took this with a smile & went back too my hubby as i work in hospitality management myself i was holding my breath before the storm that was brewing.after seeing the young man inside & placing our orders we proceeded to enjoy the view overlooking the lower city area. After an impressive forty minute wait we were served with steamy plates, only too be surprised by what looked like a hair on the side ove my plate. Disgusted i pushed it away and just continued to chat away whilst contemplating waiting until somebody came to our table or going back ove to the young man inside who took our orders. My hubby being the male he is wasnt fazed by these events & chowed in too his food constantly asking if id like a portion. After what seemed like an eternity we progressed to leave with my plate in tow. As i moved up too the bartop area i was met by a young lady who was curious about were i was going with her plate. After explaining that there was a hair onthe side ove the plate she presented herself as the night manager & explained that regardless ove what wasnt on the plate before & now was all meals were too be paid for. I kindly asked her to speak to her boss which her reply was that he'd already left for the night. I further asked for his email address too send him my complaint to which a furher reply was a company email address that she handles all mail herself. Politely i put the plate down on the bartop & told her that this was unnacceptable now i am a person who very rarely loses my cool over anything so i put down my eftpos card and waited for the transaction too complete. She not only threw my card down at me after it was completed but continued about how it was all conpany policy and it wasnt her speaking it was her on behalf ove the owner.after what seemed like a last ditch effort apology we left. Im only 29 years old myself but what i do know is its about attitude as well as being customer focused or too my hubbys comment may e shouldve just " went postal on them "in the first place.at the end ive the day the experience was more than enough to keep me away for good which is a shame because the view ove the lower city in the afternoon sun is stunning.
Not a good place to recommend at all. Would rather go to the local chinese takeaway.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

These guys are offering a 3 course meal for $35. Not a place I'd rush back to but we were starving and it was in a handy location. The steak was very good. Avoid the mud cake, more of a door stop really. Friendly service and good value for money.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Had garlic bread for entree, my partner stuffed mushrooms. Mushrooms good, garlic bread nearly cold. I had Salmon Pasta for main which was quite good, my partner sirloin which was appalling the worst steak we have had in NZ, was so full of gristle he left the gristle which was nearly half of what he was served, we complained when they took the plates away my partner asking them to have the Chef eat what he had left as the Chef had expected him to eat it. Desert Creme Brullee which was OK and partner had Crumble which was nice. When we went to pay the steak was on the bill. The lady we were paying said we had to pay as my partner had eaten all his meal, not true, and we argued the point, she said we had to pay half and we again said no and eventually we got the meal for free. There are so many restaurants in Auckland, find another one.