“Loved it!”

Ranked #56 of 2,414 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Our booking for 6:15 was perfect. We were early enough to get a window table and get an hour of daylight for the first revolution followed by an hour of Auckland's glorious nightscape - stunning. Especially as we got to see our apartment below (left all the lights on) and our usual view is Skytower above us! Service was friendly and the food interesting and tasty. I couldn't help but be awed by the views. Minor problems with order and bill but overall a terrific experience. I am definitely going back there again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,180)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Beautiful views of the city all lit up at night. Restaurant rotates 360 deg each hour. So, diners get to see the entire cityscape during their meal.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was our third visit to the Orbit Restaurant in 7 years. The food and service is still perfect ($150 per couple including 2 drinks only), but it's the view that completes the experience. You find yourself mesmerised by the view rather than having a conversation with your partner. I tried to book a table for 2 on-line 2 weeks prior but was disappointed as there was no sittings available. But keep trying as 2 days out I went back on-line and found a sitting had come available. Delivery of your meal is very quick (perhaps too quick) and we had finished eating all 3 courses within an hour of sitting and rotation. If you can get the timing right, 1 hour of daylight and 1 hour of darkness would make the visit that mush more special. One negative - try to get a table away from a Waiters Station, I don't want to hear them clanking cutlery/glasses or what they got up to on their day off). However I can't wait to return again in April.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We dined at Orbit for our 3rd Wedding Anniversary . We were greeted with congratulations from staff and a anniversary card on our table. We had the Martinborough Chardonnay and Cocktails. We were seated right next to the window which I recommend as the views from 6pm onwards were gorgeous. We went around nearly 3 times ...takes approx 1 hour per full rotation. We had the three courses all were divine. Account for two was $268 approx. Great customer service. We booked 4 weeks ahead to get a window table.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We had a city break deal, which was $399, included in this was a meal at either the Observatory (Fish Restaurant) or the Revolving Orbit Restaurant, which is what we opted for. The restuarant was lovely (you can book 6 months in advance, which I would recommend you do if you have the time). It was a 3 course meal which was excellent - although there was somewhat a limited choice in menu, we still found something to eat. I think I had crayfish & prawn raviolli in salmon chowder, fillet steak and then an espresso desert, all of which were fab. Had we of been paying, with a couple of cocktails and couple of glasses of wine, the bill would have been $193 per couple. The city break deal also included a full buffet breakfast - again a cost of $44 per couple, so I think the $399 paid was extremely good value, especially as they kindly upgraded us to a suite, jolly nice but not a particularly good view! You cant have everything. If we went to Auckland again, I would definitely put this on the list.