“A rare treat”

One Tree Grill
Ranked #5 of 2,327 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Outstanding cellared wines, innovative cuisine, thoroughly professional service - as one of Auckland's favourite local restaurants, One Tree Grill offers a complete dining experience.
“A rare treat”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Restaurant was in the Metro magazine's top 5 eateries for Auckland which was how I found it. The menu was on iPad - cool! Lovely people...great atmosphere and most importantly - superb food! A bit pricey. Bon appetite.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Mere A

Hamilton
“SIMPLY AMAZING - TOP TO TOE!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We dined at One Tree Grill to celebrate my husbands 40th - it was FANTASTIC! There were six of us and we all ordered the Degustation Menu - with wine match. It was simply amazing - from the bisque to the honey and cheese. Service you ask? A++. Atmosphere? A++. Thank you - we had a wonderful time and we will be back!

• Visited March 2014
“Degustation Delight!”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband & I enjoyed every mouthful of the six course degustation dinner. The taste of each flavour combination was perfect. The waiters were extremely attentive and took the time to explain what each meal was. This is truly a special dining experience which we both highly recommend. We can't wait to come back!

• Visited February 2014
“Excellence at its best”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went to One Tree Grill for Valentines. I have now dined here 3 times and can't wait to return again. I don't know what those chefs do, but every mouthful is exquisite. The little complimentary soup appetisers that they give you are always incredible. They sound like they will taste really strange and a bit awful, but they are always somehow amazing. The pork roulade is to die for and the eye fillet with truffled bearnaise is a perfect combination. I influenced the couple next to me on ordering the creme brulee. The combination of flavours just melts in your mouth. Rhubarb sorbet and confit pineapple are a perfect fit for the brulee delite.

It is a bit pricey but I can assure you it is worth every penny. I am already plotting my next excuse to come back...

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Vjgrace
Piha, New Zealand
“Great dinning experience in the heart of the suburbs”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

At last minute notice on a Monday night I rang for a booking, they were fully booked until 8.30, but I came in just after 6 I could get a table. So a rush was organised. The service was great, welcomed at the door, and then checked in on by very helpful staff. They have changed to mini iPad menu's which worked out well as you can see your dish in a photo. We shared the tasting plater for an entree - who knew smoked eel could be so tasty. The mains were delicious as well - the duck for two of us, and the brother had the 600gm of beef. The sides are well worth opting for, the bean are delicious, as was the cauliflower gratin. Basically a great dining experience!

• Visited February 2014