“How big is a TIGER PRAWN?”
Review of Non Solo Pizza

Non Solo Pizza
Ranked #199 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

It was our second visit to this expensive restaurant and it will be our last!
Our 3 starters were very good. The 2 mains my family had were good as well. But here it comes. I ordered a TIGER prawn risotto. When it was served it had small SHRIIMPS on it. Expecting a much bigger Tiger Prawn I complained. This didn't go well with the waiter or the chef. They argued that prawns come in different sizes. Knowing Tiger Prawns from Australia they are big prawns with a Tiger striped shell. I could not win and the staff became quite aggressive.
Since it was a farewell dinner for my grandson I was very disappointed with the whole outcome and the evening was spoiled.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'd been wanting to go for a long time, the restaurant came highly rated including by my partner (she's always had good things to say about it).
Service was good and so is the restaurant itself. Servings were ridiculously large (bigger is not better). The menu is comprehensive to say the least (the waitress referred to is as more of a novel than a menu), I didn't find the choice helpful, and maybe that's where they fell down (focus on a smaller menu and do that well?).
My food was average, I started with arancini balls (4), my partner ate one (disappointed) and one stayed on my plate. Next up was fritto misto di mare, I've never seen so much food on a plate (in fairness one can't complain about that) but it was simply too much fried food. A quarter of that as a entrée would have been great (the entrée size of just the squid was huge too). It tasted nice but eating that much fried food is too much. I'd hoped for lightly pan flashed seafood but it is all (lightly) battered. After that I could not deal with a dessert (the selection looked great).
The wine selection was great as were the staff. At the table my friends had mixed experiences of the food so it was not just me.
Can't say I hated it but not great value given how much we paid for the night. That said, lots of nice wine def helped.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Parnell Road is one of the nicest streets to walk in Auckland; at lunchtime, we were attracted to Non Solo by its courtyard, the buzz and the aroma reaching Parnell Road. To get a table for 10 seemed impossible but following a short wait, they found us the best outside table in the house. Every course was a gastronomic delight; a very happy memory that all of us will cherish for a long time.
Pradeep Thatai, London, England.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have Always had a wonderful experience here!
Extensive menu. We normally order several dishes and share.
I have been there with a group of 4 people and automatically all the entrees have had an extra serving added without asking (Standard serve seems to be 3).
Waiting staff are very friendly and helpful.
The standard of the food is very high and always consistent.
We have never had a bad experience.
You can chose to dine in the Beautiful Dining Room or seating outside (covered by a roof) for a different , more casual, atmosphere.
The Duck Bruschetta with a slice of Truffle is divine! As is the Chicken Thigh & Artichoke Pizza (this is the only time I have ever eaten Artichoke and enjoyed them!)
Last night was a Business evening but we have been with friends as well as a Romantic Meal for 2!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Set along the main drag in Parnell, this vibrant bar/restaurant was the perfect setting to have a drink and catch up with friends.