“Coffee that we ordered never came...”
Review of Moa's Nest

Moa's Nest
Ranked #1,912 of 2,358 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I thought it would be nice to take my daughter to a cafe where they brought the food to your table rather than the food court where you have to wait for it and take it to your table.....big mistake. I ordered coffee and it never came although my daughter's food did - a cake with cream that looked like it had be squeesed from a can. After sometime I lined up to ask them when my coffee was coming and they said they forgot it. What was the point of coming here in the first place. The manager did give me a free biscotti to make up for it. Do not come here if you expect service! It is not good enough to forget to bring an order. The coffee was only average. We will not be coming again.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were blessed with a childfree midweek night so decided to have dinner at the food hall at St Lukes and see a movie. We didn't realise the food hall would be shut so had to resort to coming here. It was chilly-even the staff wore puffer jackets! The food was incredibly uninteresting. I had the 'thai' salad and hubby ate roasted lambshanks. They were pretty dismal. I recommend you choose a burger or fish and chips and you should fare better. Not great for healthier options. The booths have really wide tables! Not a great date night spot at all! Anyway, had an icecream at the movies and cuddled up there instead :)

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We (me, my colleague and his wife) went to this restaurant just before we went to the movies as it was the only restaurant open in the mall. When we walked in, we thought that the place had potential and was comfortable. Here is what I thought:

Service - Great service. Friendly and warm plus efficient.
Food - Menu was basic which was fine. We ordered beef nachos, farmhouse pizza and meat lover's pizza. The portion was small for its price and I left still feeling hungry. The food lacked real taste and was quite bland. The beef nachos had too much cheese on it but that is personal choice I guess. As for the pizzas, the meat lover's pizza was better but only slightly because both lack taste although the crust was nicely done.
Value - Definitely not value for money.
Atmosphere - More of a bar-type restaurant really....nothing special.

Overall, would not be coming back here.....eat somewhere else first if you are heading to a late movie screening at St Lukes mall.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We have visited the establishment a few times in the past, and every time I think, "its such a nice location, nice potential, gotta be good", giving it the benefit in my thoughts, but every time I'm disappointed. It is at a VERY good location, could be the best restaurant in the mall, alas not so. It has an adjoining bar, which might be popular, I have not used the bar, and maybe that's where their focus lies. But as a restaurant, the menu is very basic, and the food is not worth the try. I will not be visiting them again.