“Tapas heaven”

Ranked #104 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My favourite place to hang out with family and friends...great consistent quality food, excellent coffee and cakes, the sangria, cocktails and wine choices excellent....love the atmosphere and vibe! Recommended to friends in Melbourne who were also very complimentary about the coffee and cakes.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We were introduced to Mezze Bar by a good friend. I was truly surprised at this place just off Queen St on Durham St. My partner & I had brunch while our friend had a coffee & a muffin.
Our meal was generous & well priced (I feel cheap for Auckland standards) There was a large selection on the Breakfast, Lunch & dinner menus, so I'm there would be something to take your eye.
I will be back here next time I'm in Auckland.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Went to celebrate my sister's birthday on a Saturday night. Was a nice place to do so but did have its ups & downs.

Service - Reservation was easily made over the phone and the whole service was great. Friendly service and very polite. Made our experience enjoyable.

Food - Some hits and miss really. Lamb tapas was a bit overcooked but flavour was nice. Prawn tapas were amazing (my wife's favourite for the night) while meatball tapas was a bit disappointing. The meatball were not as flavoursome as other Spanish restaurants. The mushroom and chorizo tapas was full of flavour. The kakavia (greek seafood soup) was full of flavours and very filling.

However, the star of the night was the algerian date cake. That was amazing and full of fragrance/taste as soon as it arrived near our table. Such a wonderful piece of dessert. The baklava was nice as well but not as good as the date cake.

Value - Was about 150 for 3 of us (including sangria) which was okay but some of the tapas was not worth it although the main (kakavia) was. Cake) was definitely worth it but the baklava not so much. All in all, not bad.

Atmosphere - Nice decor and atmosphere for dining or catching up with friends. A nice place for socializing.

Overall - Would probably come here for the dessert again and some of the tapas :)

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had coffee, tea and dessert here and it was good value and a great atmosphere. Tea for two is truly tea for two - a large old school enamel pot, nice and strong. The carrot cake and baklava were well made with the carrot cake bein a generous slice. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

I have come here many times over the last few years. The food varies in quality - some days its fantastic, some days merely passable. But it is worth coming back again and again because of the warm, friendly, relaxed and funky atmosphere. It's open late, plays great music, and has room for large and small parties alike. Especially recommended on wet winter days.