“Ideal for first night in Auckland.”
Review of Mexican Cafe

Mexican Cafe
Ranked #223 of 2,378 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Ideal for first night in Auckland. Bright welcoming decor with very good atmosphere for a Tuesday night. Staff lovely and food very good. 100 dollars for shared squid starter (large portion - delicious) and a burrito each with A margarita each and a glass of wine. Cool place!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (588)

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Invited by friends for a birthday dinner out. We attended on their "Friday Salsa" night where you can learn Spanish style dancing.

Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Great Mexican - unchanged for over 30 years! Why change something that is so good! The food and atmosphere are great. The service perhaps didn’t quite match the quality of the food but it didn’t worry us as it was about the food. The Happy Hour is between 5-7pm

Reviewed January 2, 2020

I love Mexican food. Imagine my surprise when I checked in to the Sky City Hotel and looked across the street. Keeping it short and simple I went over, had a Dos Equis and some Quesadillas. Mmmm. Good service, the waiter had a non local accent so I asked him about it. He told me he was from France. I was surprised considering what I had heard about French service. So I told him I was surprised and we both had a good laugh. He understood and promised to make me a superb margarita if I had the time.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Disappointing. Slow service. Fajitas included only two tortillas. Had to wait 15 mins and pay for two more. Could have been much much better with only the smallest amount of effort.