“Great Indian cuisine”
Review of Little India - CLOSED

Little India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: We have chosen to present some of the more characteristic, yet legendary dishes from North India, especially the Punjab. Our preparation makes our food beautiful to behold and addictive to the palate.
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I ate here twice durin my stay in Auckland. I was very impressed with the restaurant overall. He food and drink were marvellous and the service was very good. Compliments to the staff who were very friendly an chatty and went out of their way for you. I asked for a dish not on the menu and the waiter checked with the chef agreed to cook it. I would recommend Little India if you fancy a good curry whilst in Auckland.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

One of the best curries eaten ever! Went down to eat jet lagged not really wanting to eat but that soon changed when the food arrived.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

We loved the Lamb Korma and the exceptional Bhuna chicken.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had take-out from here 2 nights running whilst staying in the apartments above the restaurant. The staff were really helpful when we weren't sure of what time we could get back to collect our food after a show & when we were a little early I was really impressed to see that the food was still be prepared freshly - for the agreed pick-up time. The quality was amongst the best I have had in New Zealand. We enjoyed the Onion Bhaji, Chicken Tikka Masala, Mango Chicken, Butter Chicken, Jhalfrezee & Achaari as well as the naan. Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I dined here last night. We started with an order of Pakora's and vegetable samosa's. Both very good. The samosa's (two to an order) were large as was the plate of crispy fried vegetable pakora's. We then shared a Chicken Tikka Masala and the chicken had very obviously been properly prepared in the tandoor oven. It was excellent. We also shared an Aloo Gobi which was also excellent. Starters were in the NZ$ 7.50 range and the mains were about NZ $ 15-16 each. We found these prices to be as we'd expect for first rate Indian food. We also had 2 plain, made to order, naan, which were hand formed and backed in the tandoor oven and they were fantastic- the best we've ever had. For the quality it was very fairly priced. The service was very good. There is a bit of a noise issue, but it's because it's busy with customers, many of whom are of Indian nationality which we have always found to be a very good sign.