“Friendly Service, good food”
Review of La Porchetta Hobson - CLOSED

La Porchetta Hobson
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped by this place early in the day and looked at the menu outside and decided to go back for dinner that night. When we walked in the person up front stated, "Great you decided to come back!" He had apparently seen us checking out the menu. We were seated immediately and the service was quick and friendly. We ordered a couple of salads and a pizza, all the food was delivered quickly and it was tasty, not great but good. If you are expecting pizza like you would get in New York or Chicago you would probably be disappointed but I've learned from much travel that pizza is different everywhere and you have to be open to the differences. Our party of 4 enjoyed this place and given more time in the area we would have returned.

1  Thank Shayob

Reviewed November 14, 2012

After waiting no time at all we were seated and gazed upon the menu which made our mouths water. The male manager was so knowledgable and polite it made us feel like we'd entered an authentic Italian restaurant. As we went through the menu items we could hardly believe the prices being so cheap.
The entres came which were chips and garlic bread which left us graving more. The mains turned up in 15 minutes which was unbelievably fast. I had the steak meal which made my tastebuds glow and my partner had the chicken and mushroom pasta and couldn't help sneaking some off her plate.
Anyone who has a love for high quality food at a reasonable price needs to check the place out because I've found my new local.
Excellent stuff La Porchetta
P.S. Some people need to get a life and stay at Pizza Hutt. With the prices so cheap and food so tasty what more could you need?

2  Thank Odius D
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The environment is like a cheap american dated fast food restaurant with service to match. Its a very loud environment with booths which are worn and tacky.

The food tasted like a pre bought sauce was just chucked on some pasta, was not at all impressed or satisfied- I got the cabonara. My other friends were also disappointed with there meals as well.

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

Me and my wife ordered a scallapini dish each (veal) with vegetables. What we got was the smallest serving of meat (3 tiny strips) and the rest of the dish was simply chips. When I pay over $25 for a meat dish, I expect a decent serving of meat, not a plate full of chips. My children ordered pizza's and basically rejected their pizza's. I had one bite and it was easy to see why, felt like I was eating rubber. Overall, this place is an embarrassment to Italian cuisine. I will never step foot in another La Porchetts restaurant again, even back home in Australia.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were impressed by the size and quality of the food. The staff were wonderful - even with the 3 giggling girls we brought with us.

1  Thank Tanya-Maree