“Great food at good prices but uninterested staff.”
Review of The Fox

The Fox
Ranked #172 of 2,414 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Bar, Gastropub, New Zealand, Brew Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Description: At The Fox Sporting bar and Restaurant we provide all things you love in a good bar and sports bar. Friendly people, warm atmosphere, great music, delicious NZ wines, hearty healthy food, cold beer on tap - and all the latest in sports LIVE. Whats more we have our own microbrewery and have Fox Gold, our very own beer! We have beautiful fresh NZ fresh fish daily and many other iconic Kiwi meals. We have a full range of burgers, steaks, salads and lighter meals. Also talk to our staff about getting a meal to takeaway. And to top it off you can enjoy some of the best views of the Harbour that Auckland has to offer right from the comfort of our front courtyard, while we wait on you! Most importantly we're here to have fun and make your visit a great time every time! So when it's good old fashioned hospitality you're looking for, or a sports bar to watch the game with fantastic atmosphere and like minded people that appreciate the same things as you in life... Then make your way to The Fox. Enjoy breakfast, lunch or a craft beer and bask in the sunshine, or savour al fresco dining by night and the great ambience our sports bar offers you on the waterfront. The Fox is crazy about watching, talking and playing Sport, we're all Sports mad! That's what we do and why we ARE the Home of Sport! Any day of the week or any time of the day if you're looking for a pub that's OPEN and showing the game, look no further than The Fox - we've got all the big games on Live and Loud on our 10 big screens. Yes, we're the sports bar that has it all, and right on Auckland's waterfront. 10 Big screens - All the Big Games played Live & Loud! The Fox strives to be your local pub. So come on in and get comfortable! The Fox is in the heart of the city. You can wander in and chat to your favourite bar tender about the latest in sports, meet up with your mates after work for a Fox Gold from our very own microbrewery and a few games of pool or just kick back and watch the match in style and comfort at the friendliest sports bar in Auckland! Pop in for a hearty and healthy pub meal or you can order from the comfort of your room if you are staying at the Sebel!
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here late one night after a long day exploring auckland. When I walked in I received no acknowledgement. When I ordered my food the person taking my order made it seem as this was a great inconvenience.

My food arrived rather quickly but again the food was just placed on the table and the waitress just walked away, without so much as a nod. I ordered a chicken club sandwich and it was one of the best I've ever had. The fries that came with were very good as well. The prices were very reasonable, especially for auckland.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Main entrance is from the viaduct but can also be accessed from the waterfront. Outside seating allows smoking :( Service was very good. Typical pub foods, lots of tv screens and a good atmosphere.

Recommend any of the burgers. would return if back in Auckland again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a meal here recently. Fantastic service. Our waitress was so helpful. The burger was so tasty and even the owner came and chatted to us and thanked us for dining. That's what I call great service. Would definately go back again.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

No complaints from me the staff where polite and helpful.
Stayed at the Sebel above and spent a few nights here over a couple of weeks.
Great central location.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We decided to have a meal at this restaurant on the 8th January at approx 7.00 pm, the young lady behind the counter was extremely helpful but was busy serving other clients (however the restaurant was not busy). She asked us to take a seat and she would come and serve us. Ten minutes went by - no service - one of the male staff cleared the table next to us but did not make any eye contact. I went back into the restaurant and spoke the other male staff member, I asked him for the bottle of Sav. with two glasses and asked him to bring it to our table and I got the "look" as if I was imposing. After 5 minutes he put down two glasses heavily on the table then relucantly said good evening because he perhaps realised we were getting slack service and presented us with a bottle chardonnay. As we had ordered Sav we said politely that he had supplied us with the wrong wine. He went away with such an attitude that we felt uncomfortable and no one had asked us what we wanted to order from the menu. We decided to leave this restaurant and go somewhere else with better service. We have dined at the Viaduct on many occassions but the service from this restaurant was pretty terrible. Perhaps change the staff or training in hospitality would be an asset to this restaurant. We are just country people that enjoy a good meal with reasonable service.