“It's OK”

Fortuna Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #169 of 2,257 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“It's OK”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Good location (sky city) and lots of parking.
Something to do if you're into gambling.
Good variety of food.
Lots of oysters too.
Good for families with teenagers.

• Visited May 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rotorua
“Not as bad as people say!!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I read the other reviews and gosh ... i really didnt want to go, but you must try it yourself once and then make up your own mind .....YES - its not like how it use to be ... but what is???? YES - i have been years ago when the restaurant was on the other side. However, compared to other buffets i have been to - it has a wide selection of food. My father absolutely loved the lamb shanks!!!! First buffet we have been to that has this. The staff were very friendly and helpful but i do think you have to try it yourself and make up your own mind. For NZ$39.95 we thought it was a standard price for a buffet, especially up in Auckland!

• Visited March 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A huge disappoint”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We recently dined at Fortuna at the Auckland sky tower casino! We were excited about our dining choose as we thought there would be a good selection of food and drinks. We chose to dine in the early evening 8pm. To our surprise most of the food selection was cold such as ham and salads. There was no other option for meats except dry chicken pieces. The seafood selection looked days old and the prawn were far from fresh. The staff were less than helpful with one staff informing that what we could see was all there was and if that wasn't enough we could leave. Not a good approach to customer service.
We ended up leaving very unsatisfied not to mention hungry. Do yourself a favour and avoid this dining experience.

“Guaranteed the worst I have ever eaten!!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

The meal me and my family had at Forruna was without a doubt the worst I and my family have ever had in our lives. Firstly $40 per person at a buffet restaurant I would expect a decent feed but I left hungrier than when I walked in. Secondly the food itself, the ice cream seemed as if it had been defrosted and refrozen, the lamb shanks were closer to mutton shanks, the noodles tasted burnt (not over cooked but actually burnt) and even the lollies which I thought for sure they could do right were horrible and tasted like they had been put in the fridge with garlic in the same container and as for all the other food there, trust me was just as bad...

We will NEVER return to this restaurant, and would advise others to do the same.

Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Worst food ever”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

not guna bother writing much but it was rubbish and cost the earth, the food was tasteless and cold generaly crap

• Visited February 2013