“Buffet style dining”

Fortuna Buffet Restaurant
Ranked #175 of 2,235 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Buffet style dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We loved the variety of food, catching up with friends. Entrees you could enjou soup or fish. Main meal variety of salads, cold & hot food with deserts that your heart desire.

Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
“yummy food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

great selection for a buffet, also that they had a buffet for the kids was great...xmas was celebrated in style so thank you so much for the experience.

Visited December 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“Average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I went there about a week ago, because I had a Grabone voucher and thanks God for that!
The food doesn't worth the full price charged.
At first when you look you have the impression that there is heaps of different choices, but the reality is that it is the same food both sides of the buffet, quite disappointing really.
And the desserts didn't look appetizing at all!

Besides that, I had problem when trying to book, as soon as the voucher was mentioned, they said that they didn't have any tables available.
So, I rang the next day, didn't mention the voucher, got the booking confirmed, than rang again saying that I "forgot" to mention that I was using the voucher, than the lady made a note and it was fine.
Quite disappointing really, wouldn't expect that from the SKY CITY group.

In saying that, the highlight for me was the pork meat, which was really tasty, although the skin wasn't crispy.

But, in my opinion, if you are looking for an extraordinary buffet in AKL, forget about Fortuna, spend a little more and book Eight at the Langham Hotel!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Biafrg
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Just OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

We went there for company Christmas lunch (buffet). The atmosphere was great.
But the food quality was just so so.
We were not impressed at all.

• Visited December 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“Not impressed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We went to Fortuna's Restaurant for lunch with my family. We used our Grabone coupons! We were not very impressed from the beginning. The line up was very long. Then they gave us a wrong table. We were told we only have 90 minutes to eat. Every time we line up for food, nothing much left to take. I have to ask the staff few times to replenish the food. The ham was nice, but the brisket was terrible! Not enough meat, lots of sauce! The salad bar was alright so as the desserts!
I dont think we will come back to this restaurant! Most especially if I have to pay for a full price! Not worth it!

1 Thank divastarzz