“Dessert & the humble potatoe let the team down”
Review of Dine by Peter Gordon - CLOSED

Dine by Peter Gordon
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We got roast potatoes that were under cooked and were less than ordinary.
Having said that the rest of the entree's, and mains were fantastic.
We then ordered the sessert platter. The signature dish a lemon Tapioca dish quite excited me. I thought, at last someone that can do something exciting with Tapioca......but no Tapioca did not rise to the occassion. the creme brulee with creme fraish, again a let down. Then there was the peanut butter thing that was like a sticky mars bar. Hello the Apricot sorbet.... magnificent.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had a lovely celebration dinner where all the guests were very satisfied with their meals. The other guests at the table were envious of my oysters that I ordered for a starter and had to share them with them. The waiter asked if they would also like some oysters, but they declined.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a delicious dinner at Dine. Service was excellent and the staff very friendly. We had the degustation which was a great sample of the menu. Duck course was amazing and the steak and tapioca desert dishes also impressed. Also had a lovely cocktail.

Only issues I had was I felt like I was sitting a bit far away from my partner and didn't like how close the people next to us were.

Would definitely go back.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This was terrific dining experience. Had the degustation menu and I was not disappointed. The meals were varied and so, so tasty. The duck was to die for as was the smoked kumara mash. Food was delivered in a very timely manner with a description of each dish provided by an extremely friendly. pleasant waiter. The seating configuration was a bit strange and I felt I was sitting a mile away from my partner, but overall, I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The menu is supposed to be termed as fusion food, we found it to be more like confused food. The tastes were not pleasant and the service was poor. The seating was wierd and cramped, would never go back.

1  Thank Faye G