“what a surprising disappointment!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dine by Peter Gordon - CLOSED

Dine by Peter Gordon
Cuisines: European
te awanga
“what a surprising disappointment!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

It was during the school holidays and I have been waiting for Dine to get back to me as they said that they would look into what went wrong but they have not contacted me. I tried to contact them on their site to no avail as I didn't want to write a bad review. I phoned to ask if we could be fitted in and asked whether being 'gluten free' was a problem and they said "of course not". I also mentioned to the waiter that I needed all to be gluten free on arrival and we were offered water along with the menu's. A little later we called over a waiter and asked for a couple of glasses of wine while perusing the menu and my husband was offered bread as was I but again I mentioned that I needed gluten free. I then called over a waiter so that I could ask about several dishes and he said that I could have anything but any glutenous components would be removed but not replaced! I was surprised by this as usually in a good restaurant I am offered alternatives. I asked if this was possible concerning a couple of dishes and he said that he would ask. He did not return with an answer and we had been sitting there now for nearly an hour. No bread for me arrived and no one came to speak to me about what I could have. So we decided to leave and went up to the front desk to pay for our wine. No-one asked why we were leaving so I offered an explanation to which the person at the desk showed surprise and an apology but said that he wanted to look into what happened and contact me, which he did not! Which is a great shame! But with a lot of happy clients I suppose a couple of disappointed people don't matter.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kiwibear

Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Served by Peter Gordon, What more could you ask for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family & I love this place. We come here whenever we are in the city or find an excuse to. The atmosphere is relaxed and welcoming in the beautiful dining room. We have never had a dish that wasn’t delicious. They make very yummy cocktails too! Last time we were there we were fortunate enough to be served our first course by Peter. What a friendly, down to earth guy. He chatted with us all like we were old mates. We will continue to dine here as often as we can.

Visited August 2012
Sydney Australia
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We were a walk in, it wasn't a problem, service was slow to begin with but after the long wait to have orders for drinks to be taken and served, service picked up, food was great.

Visited October 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

Saturday night meal was excellent. The entrees of pork belly and ravioli were a great way to start. My wife had the First light beef and I had the 5 spice duck, both were great. If you like ginger, I enjoyed the crime brûlée with ginger. The service was brilliant and a good wen list. The ambience is good.

Auckland
“The Best Service in Auckland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I took my mum here before going to the Opera. We dined on their pre-theatre menu which I think is very good value for money. If you are going to the theatre woud highly recommend this option. They will check with you before you are seated just to make sure you are served in time for your show.

The food was lovely. We had the main and the dessert option and both courses were original but tasty. They particularly excel at presentation.

Although the food was great what made the evening truely wonderful was our amazing waiter. I'm not sure I have ever come across someone so gifted at customer service. He made us feel like we were the only people in the restaurant and I think my mum developed a crush. Wish I could give them 6 stars for service!

It was a terrific experience. Highly, highly recommended.

• Visited July 2012