“Magnificent Meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

My wife and I dined at Di Mare tonight with our two travelling companions. We all thoroughly enjoyed the meal - I had venison which was tender and cooked to perfection. The meal sizes were large and we all praised the quality of our food. The hospitality was first class and the meal one to remember. I have no hesitation in highly recommending Di Mare.

There are newer reviews for Di Mare Restaurant & Cafe

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Getting off the Hop on Hop Off bus in Parnell, Auckland we found this hidden gem of a restaurant hidden in a little courtyard off the main street. Great food, exceptional wine and Maria was fantastic and looked after us really well. Would thoroughly recommend it.

1  Thank Jill A
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We arrived in Auckland today after many many years away. The footpath spruiker tempted us down the arcade to Di Mare and we were delighted to find ourselves in such a friendly comfortable place. Then the food came - wow! The NZ mussels were even bigger than I remembered and cooked absolutely to perfection. (They happily upscaled their entree to a main size) My partner had a fabulous carbonara and our meal was complete with some bruschetta and garlic bread. A lovely meal, delightful atmosphere. If I lived in Auckland this would be my new 'local'!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

Terrific food and service. The filet of beef is excellent. We sat outside and the ambience was very nice and comfortable.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Disinterested service on the verge of unfriendly, tasteless sea food pasta. Long black hair in the Bruschetta was removed without so much as an excuse when shown to the waitress. And….a Bruschetta is NOT a piece of bread covered with melted cheese.
Never again.