“wonderful meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This the second time I have been to this restaurant the other time was 2 years ago and the meal is still as good. I had the ocean platter and my partner the fish of the day. The service was great. If you are looking for a great meal visit di mare at Parnell.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My wife and I were looking for sea food in Trip Advisor for the central Auckland area. Di Mare popped up as a great place in the reviews. We made a reservation for 6:00. When we arrived, reception greeted us warmly and sat us at a prime table. My wife told the hostess of her food allergies upon which the chef made her a special, delicious sea food dish. My dish was a combination of pasta-shrimp-mussels. It was tasty and generous.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were not sure where to dine. We were looking at all the restaurants along the same strip. A very friendly chap chatted with us and directed us to Di Mare, down the alley way. Staff were so friendly, the antipasta was amazing, ask for your dishes separate and you will get even more. Just delish!!

1  Thank otila
Reviewed February 25, 2013

November 2012 we made a trip to New Zealand and during our hick from the west to east coast we dined at this nice restaurant hidden in a courtyard at parnall rd.
What a blessing after 6 hours walk, Excellent food and very pleasent staff.
I would recomment the Lamb rack or the calamari.
We shared both dishes and my partner and I where very pleased and enjoyed the dishes very much. As the shops where closed the atmosphere becomes less in the evening..

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With a few carnivorous blokes we headed out for the evening.
Tom suggested Di Mare in Parnell. What a surprise and find. From our arrival in an Italianate bricked courtyard to our final liquor we were charmed with Marcia's warm smile and we felt we were in the company of family.
I chose a fillet steak with plenty of garlic. It came as I had dreamed swimming in garlic and served with seasonal vegetables which were served al dente.
Others chose pork fillets and lamb racks. The portions were generous and all were cooked to our preference and of a very high quality.
Our entrees of calamari, mussels and rock oysters were really tasty and fresh.
The strawberries and flan were a wonderful finale.
The wine list is not extensive but it worked well for us and is more than adequate.