“One of the best in Steak and Seafood restaurants in Auckland”

Di Mare Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #175 of 2,345 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

November 2012 we made a trip to New Zealand and during our hick from the west to east coast we dined at this nice restaurant hidden in a courtyard at parnall rd.
What a blessing after 6 hours walk, Excellent food and very pleasent staff.
I would recomment the Lamb rack or the calamari.
We shared both dishes and my partner and I where very pleased and enjoyed the dishes very much. As the shops where closed the atmosphere becomes less in the evening..

Reviewed January 23, 2013

With a few carnivorous blokes we headed out for the evening.
Tom suggested Di Mare in Parnell. What a surprise and find. From our arrival in an Italianate bricked courtyard to our final liquor we were charmed with Marcia's warm smile and we felt we were in the company of family.
I chose a fillet steak with plenty of garlic. It came as I had dreamed swimming in garlic and served with seasonal vegetables which were served al dente.
Others chose pork fillets and lamb racks. The portions were generous and all were cooked to our preference and of a very high quality.
Our entrees of calamari, mussels and rock oysters were really tasty and fresh.
The strawberries and flan were a wonderful finale.
The wine list is not extensive but it worked well for us and is more than adequate.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Tucked away in a courtyard, this is a wonderful restaurant for a relaxing meal. All six of us enjoyed our meals of steak, lamb racks and/or seafood. The calamari included in the mixed seafood meal was the best that I have ever had (so good that I had to share it). Our Canadian visitors thought that it was a great dining experience. The meals are generous in size, but we managed to have some of the great desserts - the Brazilian flan alone is worth another visits.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Been here quite a while ago and generaly wouldn't add it to my list of favourites, but another couple invited us and since they were paying I'm didn't say no. This couple do like the place.
However I find the service not that great, took a while for them to takes a drinks order, the wine list was fairly ordinary. The staff spend most of their time with ear phones in their ears watching movies on their laptops. It was a Monday night and they were not very busy. The antipasto was a bit messy to eat and some of the shell fish didn't seem that fresh, my main course of pork was way over cooked and tough. The other's meals were OK. A guest on another table I saw had a T-bone steak which was huge. The people that invited us asked if the fancy salad she had had at Lunch one time, was available at night, told quite abruptly it wasn't! , just small side salad's. The veges served with the meals were nothing to write home about. The place also looked like it could do with a bit clean and tidy up.
Overall poor service, average food but good steaks. There are better places in Parnell.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Tucked away out of sight, Di Mare is a gem. The ambience is intimate and warm; almost like someone's homely kitchen.
We hadn't booked, it was late. They smiled and welcomed us; made us comfortable; explained that there was a large party ahead of us; suggested garlic bread while we waited; served our (delicious) wine promptly; kept us in touch with progress; and in due time they brought us a really delightful meal.
We couldn't have asked for a better experience.
We'll be back; and we very strongly recommend it to others.