“Used to be a favourite. It has changed.”
Review of Jafa Cafe

Jafa Cafe
Ranked #1,895 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We used to visit here often, at least once a month and it was always great except for the often slow service. i would usually order the Raw Energy Salad with Halloumi which was delicious but this time they had a problem in the kitchen so I could only have it with chicken or salmon. I choose chicken when I regretted once the salad came as it was very dry and tasteless. The salad itself did not have the same amazing dressing it used to have, just a bit of lemon, and so it was quite bitter. There were no seeds any more and hardly any rice and the rice was not cooked as usual and tasted as though it came out of a microwave. This is highly likely as I hard the microwave go off a lot. I didn't finish the salad and only had two pieces of chicken and when I complained to the waitress she told me to talk to the manager. I waited for my friend to finish eating and then I went to talk to the manager who told me nothing had changed and she refused to apologise. She told me I should have told her about it instead of finishing my meal, I told her I did do this to another member of staff to which she just walked off. I paid full price for something I didn't eat and didn't enjoy. I will never be going back after the rudeness shown by the manager and the bitter taste the food left in my mouth. This is not the place it once was, do yourselves a favour and try somewhere with nice staff and better service.

Reviewed January 27, 2014

This place had been on our list of cafes to try for a while so called in here recently for lunch. Service was friendly and speedy and the background jazz was great.. However the coffees did not arrive piping hot and the mains tasted average - the ingredients were not particularly flavoursome and rather disappointing. Expected more from the location.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We travel from out west to come to this excellent cafe on a regular basis for a good cup of coffee and good (happy) service. Favourites brunches - French Toast with bacon banana and maple syrup, and Black Sticky Rice (comes with delicious in season fruit). Also freshly made light lunch food in the cabinet up the stairs. Always a pleasure to come here - and worth hunting around for parking which can be tricky on weekends.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Food was nice, the service was a bit better! Sounded like they employed a lot of people from overseas, which is always great. Everyone was very pleasant. Food was reasonably priced as well!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We love Jafa Cafe - GREAT coffee, EXCELLENT food selection from both the menu and cabinet, and EXCELLENT service and AMBIENCE provides a wonderful experience for us. Plus, you may even see some local New Zealand celebrities ;-)

1  Thank Paul F