“Handsome waiters and awesome atmosphere”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #46 of 2,345 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 9, 2014

It's not that easy to find this restaurant, it's in residential area. We used GPS to find it. It's in a very quiet street. It is an amazing restaurant, I like it very much, very special decoration. Greetings by handsome waiters, feeling great. My friend chose venison that she never had before and wanna try, however, it feels like beef. My selection was tuna, yummy, nice! We had a great night there!! Nice selection.

1  Thank Jackielababy

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I dined at Cibo for my late 22nd birthday celebrations and it was absolutely magnificent. From the moment you walk in you know the place is somewhere special. The decor is beautiful - classy but without being stuffy or overdone - tables nicely spaced so you don't overhear your neighbours entire conversation as well as stunning, attentive and knowledgable service from start to end. Between the four of us we just about managed to order 1/2 of the options on the menu, but believe me this will take some time. Everything sounds exquisite and making a choice was an arduous task. That said each persons meal was outstanding and any complaints were hard to come by - a feat which does not often occur even at other similar scale restaurants. I would go so far as to say that after our experience you could order just about anything off the menu and be guaranteed to more than enjoy it. Portion sizes were good and around what you expect for restaurants such as Cibo where you are typically expected to be eating 3 courses, I'd even say the mains were slightly bigger than average and in the end we only got 1 full dessert and 1 petit fours for the table to share as we were too full for more. Personally I would recommend the scallops as an entree and the venison for a main - both were delicious, perfectly cooked and well matched with the other ingredients on the plate.

Overall my family and I have eaten at many similar class restaurants to Cibo and were still blown away by the restaurant. We all agreed it was one of the best restaurant experiences we had enjoyed in New Zealand. The food was brilliant, service professional but relaxed and the atmosphere - well we stayed for 3 1/2 hours by choice!

I would highly recommend Cibo to anyone who loves good, beautiful but non-pretentious food and relaxed fine dining.

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Menu was great and the food delicious but too many flavours and ingredients in each dish. Simpler would have been better.
Rather expensive but very busy and good service and great atmosphere

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Attentive, professional service and delicious food. The pork belly starter was tasty with a lovely blend of textures followed by the best NZ lamb - all beautifully presented with great timing and competent advice re wine choices etc. Pleasant buzzy atmosphere provided by the local monied set - very stylish.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

The place was very nice. The service was good but slow. We had the lobster which was delicious. Unfortunately the stake tasted terrible and the Jaffa desert was dry and the chocolate to rich. The food did not meet expectations especially for the price.