“A hidden gem!”
Review of Cibo

Cibo
Ranked #45 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“A hidden gem!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined here for lunch for a special occasion.
The food was innovative and tasty and unlike other resteraunts in Cibos league, the portions were generous.
The service overall was excellent - the one (very small) thing that would have been better would have been being offered another drink when my glass was empty.
Very expensive meal but we both somehow managed 3 courses with wine with each course and a champagne aperitif.
This was not just a meal but an experience.
Would definitely recommend and hope to return for another special occasion.

• Visited November 2013

New Zealand
“20 years in Auckland and just found it”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We went here as a special occasion for our Wedding Anniversary and couldn't believe that it had been in Auckland for twenty years and we hadn't heard of it. We tried as many dishes as we could and were amazed by some, like the scallop entree, and were more than impressed by the others, like the duck. We found the staff really great, the wine excellent, and were lucky enough to fluke a carpark right outside the front door! Was all in all a wonderful evening, exceeded our expectations, and we'll certainly be going back.

• Visited October 2013
UK
“Sustained excellence”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a restaurant that we go to for various special occasions (Christmas, birthdays) as it never fails to deliver good food and a great experience. The outside area is lovely in summer, but all sections of the restaurant have great attention to detail. The wait staff are some of the best we've come across - attentive when needed and disappearing when not required. They don't hover or insist on topping up your wine during an intimate moment! The food is also extremely good - good mix of textures and tastes and beautifully presented. And the wine list is superb. Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Outinthemiddaysun
“Good for Business and pleasure”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a business dinner at Cibo. It's a noisy restaurant but show me one that's popular and isn't.
The food was beautiful and the wine waiter was knowledgable and helpful.
We had entrées and mains with a couple if sides that filled us and the after dinner drinks topped off a great night with excellent company.
I'd certainly return.

Auckland, NZ
“Good but not amazing”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We went to this restaurant for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. There were many good things - the staff were friendly and very knowledgeable about their menu and the wine list. They went out of their way to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary by putting 'Happy 50th Anniversary' on my mother's dessert plate. That was lovely. Most of my other family members said that their meal was amazing.

However there were a couple of let-downs for me:
* The marked carparks for Cibo are actually not particularly near the restaurant. You have to walk back down the road.
* I had the Prawn Laksa entree, upsized to a main meal. This was actually quite disappointing. There was very little spicy kick, and the meal seemed quite small. I wouldn't order it again.

So, 7/10 for me, but I was expecting high things as I had heard a lot.

• Visited October 2013