“Very nice”

Dining options: Late Night
Wellington, New Zealand
“Very nice”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I was here with my mom in the late December. We were going to Auckland Memorial museum and found this cafe on the way to there. The service was very fast and the staff were friendly. Coffee was very good as well. The interior of the cafe is very beautiful. Really enjoyed everything.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Queenstown, New Zealand
“We kept giving it a chance but they blew it”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We live a block away and so sometimes the chocolate boutique is the most convenient place but have been treated rudely so many times we give up. It's very rare you get a hello let alone thank you, and if you ask for sugar they make you go inside and fetch it yourself. The overall vibe is bad like they all hate the world, i would vote it unfriendliest cafe in auckland.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Amy W
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Spoilt for choice in Auckland, dont bother”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were so looking forward to a lovely dessert after we had a beautiful lunch at another venue and were greatly disappointed here. Service was not there at all, memo to anyone in customer service "a little smile goes a long way". We opted to sit outside and were left / ignored so thought we would go into order. Food was disappointing to say the least. Cheesecake was awful and manufactured, banana split, never seen one like this before, all be it a sticky mess covered in sludge sauce, and a caramel waffle, thin as can be although the actual waffle mix was nice flavour, I'm not sure what they use for whipped cream but not great. Iced tea, yuk. We were a group of three, the first dessert arrived 10 mins before the rest! Sadly wont be back and would not recommend.

1 Thank Aucks67
“Is it ready yet?”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I recently took my girlfriend to the Chocolate Boutique for a late dessert. Arriving at 9.15pm we ordered and paid, then went and took a seat. 20 minutes went by and nothing had come, so I went to the kitchen to ask what had gone on. The lady who was making the desserts told me ours were next up. Another 15 minutes goes by and I went to the counter to ask where my order was, I was told our order was given to someone else but if we waited another 5 minutes they could make our order. At this stage I'd had enough and wanted to take my business elsewhere so asked for my money back, only to be short changed by $4. After all the effort and remaining calm the whole time I almost lost it. Their service was terrible, I had to wait over 40 minutes for something that should have taken 10. Once the employee behind the counter corrected the refund amount, an older lady came out, apologised and gave us two chocolates for the hassle. From what I could make out she was ther owner/manager, she was a lovely lady and tried to correct the errors of her pathetic employees. Thanks to her at least for that

1 Thank 88sailor
Auckland, New Zealand
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Perfect place to go at night, a really nice night is to cook at home and then drive here for dessert as it doesn't close until 10pm.
Huge variety from small chocolates, ice cream sundaes, cold slices and cakes, hot slices and cakes and if you want to spend a bit more ($14) you can get something to share between two of you like a fondue.
Slices come with ice cream usually and around $6, so reasonable. The coffee is great too offering flavours I've never seen before such as coconut lattes.
The view from outside is really lovely too, kinda quirky wooden deck covered in fairy lights and looking out onto the Skytower