“Good food, good service, nice and relaxed”
Review of A Little Italy

A Little Italy
Ranked #193 of 2,372 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a great little place to eat near Sky tower in Auckland.

We walked in off the street and were greeted by a pleasant witness. She took us to a table for two, gave us menus and left for a few minutes. A friendly drink waiter came and took our drink order. The waitress who sat us down came back and let us know what the specials were and asked if we would like to order we did.

We ordered a garlic and oregano pizza bread
I had Panzanella for a starter and Spaghetti Siciliana for my main
My wife had a Spaghetti Bolognese for her main.

All the food was very tasty and cooked beautifully. The staff were very tentative and pleasant, even when the restaurant became quite busy later in the night.

The price was good but not cheap. All up we had a great time and an excellent meal.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We ate at Little Italy. We enjoyed the small restaurant and atmosphere. There weren't a lot of choices on the menu unless you wanted pizza, but our food was good, not great. We thought it was quite expensive as well, though most of the restaurants in Auckland are pretty pricey.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We were staying close by, tired from a long drive and the boys were wifi deprived.
The boys chose Italian and we were not disappointed. Try the calamari so soft and moorish. I had the steak with mushroom and passata sauce which was wholesome.

Go in and enjoy a meal that mama made.

1  Thank Zeni71
Reviewed April 21, 2014

What more can I say than it deserves the full 5 out of 5.

I went twice in a few days as I enjoyed it so much the first time. If I had been staying longer I would have gone again!!!

The staff are warm and friendly, and with just the right amount of asking if everything was OK or whether I needed anything else. Very professional. Had a family feel to it.

The first time I went I had a gorgeous Calzone pizza, the dough was light and fluffy with just the right amount of ingredients inside to keep it moist, but not wet (if you know what I mean).

The second visit I thought I would try the pasta. Again perfectly cooked and had plenty of everything.

I'm sorry the review is short, but all I can say is it was great.

Even though it was a holiday weekend where most other had a "holiday surcharge", this restaurant didn't and was the very good value for money.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Staying at the best western thought we would try this as this was close by. So glad we did...wow most authentic italian cuisine I have eaten in a long time. .pizza was superb. Service was excellent. Coffee was fantastic. The real deal. Cant wait to come again sometime.