We stayed in this hotel after a 4 week trip through New Zealand. We had a room at the top floor, it's a small room, but with a good bed. We could step outside to a small balcony. Beware of the pidgeons! The cleanliness of the bathroom could be better.
The hotelrooms are part of the shakespeare pub. The pub is open 24/7 but that didn't bother us, it wasn't very busy and we didn't hear any noise. The staff is friendly.
The great thing is, it's only 2 minutes walk to Queens street and 10 minutes to the harbour. The taxi arranged by the hotel took us in 20 minutes to the airport for only 35 nzd. (The bus is 30 nzd for 2 persons). The cheapest and fastest internet we have seen in NZ just around the corner in a supermarket, open till 9pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1898 was the birth of the Shakespeare Hotel and ever since then it has been serving New Zealanders and travelers from around the globe with warm hospitality and wonderful flavours in food being New Zealand's first Brewpub, with our own crafted beer, handcrafted from one of New Zealand's award winning Brewers and a mix of local NZ beers. The Location of the Hotel is excellent bang in the middle of Auckland City so close to all transport with buses, ferrys etc within a few hundred meters. The accommodation consists of 10 rooms which are basic with an en-suite and the beds are comfortable. This is not your typical boring hotel. The Shakespeare oozes character and if you are afraid of walking up a few stairs then probably not the place to stay. Each room is different and the rooms on the top floor are more modern than the lower floor. The Terrace Restaurant offers a great mix of cuisine, live music out on the al fresco dining deck overlooking the city every Friday. We are not 5 star in terms of accommodation but we are definitely 5 stars in a good quality Kiwi experience...we look forward to having you as our guests.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shakespeare Tavern And Hotel
- Shakespeare Tavern Hotel Auckland Central
- Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel Auckland, New Zealand