The Shakespeare Hotel was nestled in the heart of downtown. Location was great for easy access to buses and sights. Rooms were adequately furnished and clean. Bathrooms were modern but small. Appliances in room all worked. Hotel, despite being a pub, was quiet during the weekend. A small hotel, we felt like we had the place to ourselves, except for occasionally bumping into staff, owner, etc. Don’t expect all the luxuries of a large hotel, but just local hospitality and the needed necessities. Great value for your dollar! Food and beverages in pub were fabulous! Even if you don’t stay at the hotel, try their food! Expect a light crowd during the work week and a smaller crowd on weekend. It’s definitely a quieter pub, so don’t think you are going to be up all night if you stay there. I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to those that have problems climbing stairs since there is no lift/elevator. All in all, Shakespeare Hotel is a fabulous find in our book and a great value.
Location: New Zealand > North Island > Auckland > Auckland Central
#2 Best Value Hotel in Auckland Central
Price Range: $61 - $104 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel 3*
Number of rooms: 10
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1898 was the birth of the Shakespeare Hotel and ever since then it has been serving New Zealanders and travelers from around the globe with warm hospitality and wonderful flavours in food being New Zealand's first Brewpub, with our own crafted beer, handcrafted from one of New Zealand's award winning Brewers and a mix of local NZ beers. The Location of the Hotel is excellent bang in the middle of Auckland City so close to all transport with buses, ferrys etc within a few hundred meters. The accommodation consists of 10 rooms which are basic with an en-suite and the beds are comfortable. This is not your typical boring hotel. The Shakespeare oozes character and if you are afraid of walking up a few stairs then probably not the place to stay. Each room is different and the rooms on the top floor are more modern than the lower floor. The Terrace Restaurant offers a great mix of cuisine, live music out on the al fresco dining deck overlooking the city every Friday. We are not 5 star in terms of accommodation but we are definitely 5 stars in a good quality Kiwi experience...we look forward to having you as our guests.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shakespeare Tavern And Hotel
- Shakespeare Tavern Hotel Auckland Central
- Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel Auckland, New Zealand