Just can only reiterarte all the positive things that have been said here. As for the one or two negative things that have been said , I think people have to put it into a price relativity context.If you had paid 150$ for this accommodation then one could niggle about a few things but since the prices are rock bottom for Auckland or NZ in general it is more than value for money.I really could not belive what I was getting for my money, absoloutly top bargain.
Room was on the top which is no problem going up the stairs , even at my age! : ) And it was superbaly clean, had enough coffe and tea for the 4 nights, space enough for a couple easily and the location has to be the best in Auckland, 1 min from Queen st. and 2 mins from the Wharf.
Staff were great and the bar was fab , met so many nice people there, locals , staff and travellers alike.
I´ll be back in Auckland soon and will def. stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1898 was the birth of the Shakespeare Hotel and ever since then it has been serving New Zealanders and travelers from around the globe with warm hospitality and wonderful flavours in food being New Zealand's first Brewpub, with our own crafted beer, handcrafted from one of New Zealand's award winning Brewers and a mix of local NZ beers. The Location of the Hotel is excellent bang in the middle of Auckland City so close to all transport with buses, ferrys etc within a few hundred meters. The accommodation consists of 10 rooms which are basic with an en-suite and the beds are comfortable. This is not your typical boring hotel. The Shakespeare oozes character and if you are afraid of walking up a few stairs then probably not the place to stay. Each room is different and the rooms on the top floor are more modern than the lower floor. The Terrace Restaurant offers a great mix of cuisine, live music out on the al fresco dining deck overlooking the city every Friday. We are not 5 star in terms of accommodation but we are definitely 5 stars in a good quality Kiwi experience...we look forward to having you as our guests.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotwire so you can book your Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shakespeare Tavern And Hotel
- Shakespeare Tavern Hotel Auckland Central
- Shakespeare Tavern & Hotel Auckland, New Zealand