“Hobbiton Tour” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Waitakere Ranges Wilderness Experience Eco-Tour from Auckland
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Bush and Beach is Auckland's premier small-group tour company. Daily award-winning tours take you to Auckland's coastal rain forest, wild black sand beaches, untamed Great Barrier Island, Coromandel Peninsula, Hobbiton and Waitomo area. Our experienced guides provide an interactive, unforgettable experience, including walks in lush rainforest, on awe-inspiring surf beaches, to lush wetlands and beautiful waterfalls.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Hobbiton Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Bought a day trip to the set of Lord of The Rings -Shire, otherwise known as Hobbiton. Was my favourite day in New Zealand by far! Very comfortable and small tour bus meant that you could really mingle with others on board which made the experience even better. Dawn our driver down for the day was wonderful and friendly and really made the trip enjoyable. Once you arrive at Hobbiton the team there take over and show you around. It completely bypassed my expectations! Was stunning! And then you enjoy lunch and trip to the gift shop with $10 off and travel home. Definitely recommend this firm and this tour. Will not hesitate to tell my friends and family and hope to use them myself again soon. Thank you!

3 Thank 5light

Adelaide, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“informative, relaxed, enjoyable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Guides Tony and John were attentive and informative, happy to answer questions and knowledgeable. A glorious day, views over the city were spectacular, the coastal scenery was lovely and the fat new Zealand pigeons put on a spring show for us. Lunch is available from a nice looking bakery if you have dietary requirements organise yourself beforehand .

1 Thank jcg64_10
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing tours in and around Auckland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went on two tours while in Auckland -- the Wilderness Tour to the Waitakere Ranges and the Hobbitton express tour -- both were highlights of my trip!
First the Wilderness Tour . . . absolutely beautiful. I don't think the company sells this one enough. It sounds as though it's just a drive through a forest but it was wonderful. Beaches, waterfalls, a trek through the bush, afternoon tea. I loved every second of it. Dion, my guide was fabulous. I felt as though he was a family friend that had offered to drive me around the sites. We had a little extra time and he took us to a huge tree -- it was awesome. DO THIS TOUR. And the noon to 5 timeframe couldn't be beat. AND you'll stop for lunch at the best sandwich place ever.
Then I went on the Hobbit tour. I didn't plan on it, but I had an extra day and loved the Wilderness Tour so thought, "why not?". This time Wayne was my tour guide. Loved him! We stopped for breakfast at a cute little gift shop and quickly made it to Hobbitton. It was great. If you are a fan, you have to go. Now. I really wish I could have done the day tour, as the express tour seemed to go by too quickly (what's that about time flying when you have fun?!).
Bush and Beach is the way to go!!!!!!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Brooke F
Chicago, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great scenery, wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Highly recommend--our guide John Dawson took us to the black sand beaches, hiking and through the rain forest. He was extremely knowledgeable and tailored the tour specifically to what our small group (there were 3 of us) wanted to see and do. Gorgeous views, great information and wonderful hiking!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank eileen3454
Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great door to door service full of local information and extremely interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Your drivers are full of it.....info that is. And are very good at their job. Very safe drivers who pay attention to the road but provide heaps mof info on th way

Visited October 2012