“Non existant hotel”

Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Auckland
Watton, United Kingdom
“Non existant hotel”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

When the taxi dropped us off at the Ibis hotel we discovered that it was closed. The notice on the door informed us that we should walk to the Mecure,a couple of streets away. On arrival at their reception we were booked into a room which was not up to the Ibis standards that we have been accustomed to in Europe.

Th room contained no information on services or additional charges which resulted in us being charged $10 for a 3 minute internet connection.

Basically we were very disappointed

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TonyandNette

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I booked this hotel for my holiday to New Zealand. 24 hours before I departed Australia to head to Auckland they sent an email (through a proxy booking agent) that they were undergoing repairs and would not honor my booking. I then had no choice but to book another hotel, which cost a lot more as it was such short notice for a saturday night. The Ibis hotel then charged my TWICE for the booking they cancelled! I have not been able to contact then, they wont return my emails and needless to say I would encourage everyone to stay away unless you want to be ripped off a few hundred dollars! I will NEVER stay at an Ibis hotel anywhere again!

Room Tip: The Quadrant hotel, which I stayed at instead was lovely. Nice rooms, professional staff.
1 Thank lulga552

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Worst hotel stay ever and I've been all around the country.
1st room had no curtains, so moved to another.
Had to make an extra trip to ground floor to get pots, plates...etc as there were none in the room.
Key cards were un-reliable.
Shower water leaked out on to the carpet.
Shower drain blocked.
One thin fleece fabric as a blanket, no extra blankets so took some from an empty room.
Only one lift working, and took forever to make it to the top of the building.
Had to use the tournament carpark and pay for parking every 8-12 hours.
We weren't eligible for complimentary breakfast but we had it anyway, right in front of the workers.
Really should be called a backpackers, not a hotel.

Room Tip: Dont' stay here.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jazzhory
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Ibis was a hotel chain I used to prefer and trust in all the cities that I travel around the world, but certainly not anymore. I am really disappointed and shocked with this well known and recognized chain of hotels.

I booked a studio room 3 months before, and 1 week prior to our arrival in Auckland a guy sent me an email telling that I would need be relocated to another hotel. The guy told me that it was also a 3-star hotel and similar to Ibis, also very close, so it was OK.

When arriving there, they gave me a room that was absolutely not what I paid for. Ibis promised a comfortable studio room with balcony, work desk, fridge, cooktop and microwave, and I didn't receive NOTHING like that. The room at City Central Hotel was really small with NONE of the facilities promised by Ibis.

But the most shocking was that I went to Ibis reception to ask for a fair room like I paid for, and the receptionist said that they could to nothing. This is a total disrespect with costumers, as the receptionist didn't bother to try and help me to find other alterative. I was just asking to receive what I paid for, doesn't matter where, just a similar and fair room. She simply said that there was nothing they could do, and didn't care at all to consumer rights.

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Was actually moved to Mercure Windsor. Stayed there on the 8th floor (lift to 7th floor and then walked up stairs). The room was unbelievably noisy as it was above an alley way and perhaps a night club and the noise drifted up with well into the morning - loud music and loud people and as a light sleeper I had a terrible nights sleep. The windows were shut but couldn't keep the noise out.
If moved there again will definitely ask for a room situated on the other side of the building!