“Terrible experience”

Ibis Budget Auckland Central
Ranked #53 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We booked ibis styles as all other ibis hotel which we stayed were good. But as soon we went to ibis styles Auckland hotel we were shocked as the building was not fully built , no space in the room, very tiny bathroom, no restaurant, no proper car park we spent an hour to find the car park location. We cannot go through lift to hotel from car park. With all our luggage we were suffering. We had a great time in newzealand but our stay in this hotel was a terrible experience which we can never forget. I got an aversion towards all ibis hotels now. I will never suggest ibis hotels to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book ibis styles Wyndham street Auckland at any cost.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisStylesAuckland, General Manager at Ibis Budget Auckland Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us, it seems that the facilities were not quite what you were expecting for your stay.

Ibis Styles is a budget property located in the CBD, our rooms are compact but have everything you need for your stay in the city.

The hotel has a breakfast area, as you point out we do not have a Restaurant though we happily recommend our sister property's restaurant at Mercure Auckland which is conveniently located only a few minutes from the hotel.

We do not have on-site valet or parking, though you can purchase pre-paid tickets from Reception which are valid for the Wilson's Car Park on Durham Lane which conveniently links back through to the hotel.

You are correct that there is some temporary construction work being conducted in the hotel lobby, this is to fully replace the two existing lifts which will be completed in the coming months.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I do hope that you give us another opportunity and do consider using Ibis Hotels for your future travel requirements.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Ibis name is most certainly tarred by this monstrosity in the heart of Auckland.

The staff members are disinterested; the rooms are smelly, tiny, and uncomfortable; the noise at night from the nightclub nearby is ear-shattering and prevents sleep in all but the most sleep deprived; and the single lift (the second one STILL isn't fixed!) makes taking the stairs a real alternative, even with 30 kgs of luggage.

This is most definitely the worst place I have stayed in Auckland and, strangely, one of the most expensive.

Stay away. You have been warned.

Room Tip: I suspect there are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us, please contact me directly to further discuss your concerns on:

generalmanager@ibisstyles-auckland.com

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We experienced very good serevice starting from the checking-in till the departure.The room
was good along with its adequate necessary amenities. The hotel location is very convenient. Everything was fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisStylesAuckland, General Manager at Ibis Budget Auckland Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Kajdas,

Thank you for your comments and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Ibis Styles Auckland.

Our team aim to take care of your needs from check in until your day of departure. For travellers that have location on the top of their list, our hotel rooms are a great option right in the heart of the CBD and provide everything you need for your trip including kitchenette facilities.

Enjoy the rest of your trip around beautiful New Zealand and thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed here because the location was convenient and the price was cheap. The room was fitted out very cheaply, the bed was pretty small, and there was limited space in the room. However the room was clean and smelt fine and i think considering the low price paid, it is good value. Just don't expect 3 or 4 star quality for a 2 star price.

Room Tip: High floor is quieter. But low floor is more walkable if the lift isn't running on time!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank spurner_nz
IbisStylesAuckland, General Manager at Ibis Budget Auckland Central, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Spurner_NZ,

Thank you for your comments, Ibis Styles Auckland is located in the heart of the city on the doorstep of all the major attractions. Great to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and thought our property was great value option for your stay in the city.

We hope to see you again soon.

Regards

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Every single time I tried to enter my room, I needed one of the staff to get me in as my key cards didn't work. The room was tiny, and the wardrobe was in such a stupid position that I could not hang my clothes in there.

The location was undeniable, but then Auckland is a village so it is difficult to be far from the action. The rooms were also loud at night - seems that even at 2:30 in the morning on a week day, Auckland is a party town, and despite windows being closed, the noise of the rowdy party-goers still disturbed my sleep.

Personally, if I ever see the need to travel to that part of the world again, I'll spend a little extra cash for a better place.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank RedLionsMao

Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies regarding the trouble with your key card during your stay, we have fully replaced the lock on the door you are referring to.

Ibis Styles is a budget property, our rooms are compact at 11sqm therefore we do not have full sized wardrobes in our rooms.

The hotel's location is fantastic, though as in any city there will be some additional street noise that is unavoidable in such a prime location.

Thank you for your comments, if you are travelling in this part of the world again and Ibis Styles was not suitable for your business travel requirements, I am sure that one of our other 10 Accor properties located in Auckland will be.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Considering my partner and I have been travelling Asia for the past 10 months and have stayed in some holes this has to be one of the worst places we have stayed.

The rooms were tiny and nothing like the pictures. The bed was dirty and we could hardly fit our suitcases in the room. At night the street noise was very loud and we could only sleep with ear plugs.

I would only recommend this hotel to someone who has no cash and only wants to stay one night!

1  Thank Genphil
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at Ibis Styles. Rooms are compact yet has what you need for the money spent. If you are looking for Value for Money and a hotel with a realistic Star Rating, this is it. In room glasses and cooking equipment could do with a deep clean, as well as the afternoon and evening staff not playing their iTunes music through the lobby so loud, but overall great.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo