“Leap of faith” 5 of 5 bubbles

$162.00*
and up
SkyJump Auckland
More attraction details
Owner description: SkyJump; NZ's Highest Jump - 192m 630ft. Jump start your Kiwi Adventure by leaping from Auckland's SkyTower. It takes about 11 seconds to reach the ground falling at about 85 kph. The ground rush is unbeatable. Participants wear a full body harness and flying suit (all provided). Unlike Bungy, there is not dangling upside down or bounding around - you simply fall 'fast and smooth' and then slow down to land just in the last few metres. SkyWalk; Life on the Edge! Inch along a narrow walkway around the Sky Tower, high above Auckland. No handrail, nothing but thin air and the city 192 metres below, SkyWalk is an exhilarating challenge you'll never forget. Our guides point out attractions, tell you stories and challenge you to daredevil tricks. For a big New Zealand adventure, 360° panoramic views of Auckland and extraordinary memories, SkyWalk the ledge.
Scot in Wales
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Leap of faith”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Excellent activity. Safety is paramount at this place with the staff checking, double checking, etc.etc. Very well organised.

It is a great feeling as you drop down in a controlled fall with an smooth landing in the target area. The step by you off the platform is where you need to take a 'leap of faith' but is is well worth testing yourself.

Visited January 2014
SkyJumpNZ, Front Office Manager at SkyJump and SkyWalk, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Hi BobCSotinWales, thanks for your review and well done for taking the 'leap of faith'!

Alice Springs, Australia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

15 year daughter keen to do the jump but only if I would do it too. After the initial terror of having to step of the platform into nothing it was amazing. The drop feels quite slow (even though it's not!) and very controlled - you have a video camera strapped to your wrist and I even managed to pan it around and 'talk' to it. An amazing feeling to the point that we both went back and did it again - its alot cheaper the second time!
All the staff were great, very reassuring and no pressure when it took me a couple of goes to take that big step off the platform.

Arbroath, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Great attraction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I promised my daughter that I would jump of the skytower when we were in Auckland on holiday, we did the skywalk first, which I was petrified initially, great views of Auckland, then we did the jump. The staff there are brilliant. So if you go to Auckland make sure you do this.

Visited December 2013
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One hell of a jump!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I am 60, reasonably healthy, and looking for a challenge. Jumping off the tallest structure in NZ and the Southern Hemisphere sounds thrilling enough. I did it with my daughter, Syahida on the 3rd of January 2014. Hurling oneself off Auckland Tower is not a normal idea of a family vacation. We have come a long way from Malaysia - 8,721.5 km to be exact. But we did jump, reaching a maximum speed of 85 km an hour! It was exhilarating to say the least. It was the scariest 11 seconds of my life! But worth it! Thank you Auckland Tower for challenging us to do the extraordinary, confronting our fears and be part of the special breed of people who can proudly tell the world, "We did it!" - Johan J, Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

3 Thank Johan J
SkyJumpNZ, Front Office Manager at SkyJump and SkyWalk, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi Johan J, Thanks for your review. Well done to you and your daughter, and we hope to see you back in NZ one day for a SkyWalk!
Gloucester, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome - got to be done”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Decided before visiting NZ that I would do this, regretted not doing it after my last visit 4 years ago. Booked and paid for a 'slot' so that there was no backing out! Day I did it, the weather in Aukland was fantastic, so the views from the platform were breath taking. The crew who go through all the prep and get you ready are great fun, but maintain the air of safety when needed. The worst pea for me was waiting for the others to 'jump' before me. Once on the platform, no turning back, you just have to go for it, look out, step off, and enjoy the complete buzz of the next 11 seconds, it's that quick! Great packages to purchase at the end, as a memento of a fantastic thrill, and I would definitely recommend doing this if you visit Aukland, it doesn't get much better! You also get a ticket to go up the SkyTower to look at the views etc before you jump.

Visited December 2013
Hi Nicthebug, thanks for your review. We're very glad you had a beautiful day to do your SkyJump and didn't back out! Hopefully you've been able to share your video with friends and family.