“Fabulous flavours”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We went to Gusto for dinner last night. It was in the space that Peter Gordons Dine had been in. We had eaten at Dine a few times and it was formal and the tables were very close together.
Gusto is more casual with more space and a casual vibe.
There were 6 of us and 4 of us from Auckland with 2 guests from Wellington.
It was a very enjoyable evening. The company was great but the highlight was the food.
We ordered plates to share. Our waitress recommended 4 entrees and then 4 mains with sides.
Every dish was outstanding with very interesting flavours. Like another poster in this forum, the porcine risotto and boar ragu were out of this world. The potatoes ..ordered for the boys but the girls ate then too were delicious!! My dessert was the pannacotta with pine nuts and passionfruit was outstanding. Please note that the chocolate bar for dessert is a chocolate bar. Don't order it as all the other desserts are brilliant and you will be envious of the others. The rumbaba and the hazelnut with salted caramel....
The food was not slow but not fast.The service was excellent.
If you want a dinner out that is not to formal but with great food , I would highly recommend Gusto.

1  Thank coatesgirl

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Nothing to dislike about this breakfast, Amazing!!!!!
This was one of the best buffet breakfasts I have seen and also included a choice of hot cooked meal which was so good also. Everything was beautifully presented and fresh. Wonderful organic coffee, I had 3 cups it was so good.

1  Thank ntorbet
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Gusto has beautiful variety as a buffet restaurant. The menu offers good choices if you would like to upgrade your breakfast. Service is quite fast and friendly and staff can give you some good recommendation if you're after experiencing new smoothies or drinks from their beverage menu. Loved well prepared coffee and pizza breakfast. Will be back.

1  Thank AnnaJ1345
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were four coming to the Gusto. Their concept is classic Italian: "share all the food", so you don't have to decide on one main/antipasti/dessert but can try a couple of things.

Our waitress - Vika - was excellent, very forthcoming and a lovely advisor.

Absolute recommendation:
Entrée: Pizzetta w/ Ricotta on top
Main: wild boar ragu + mushroom risotto
Dessert: semifreddo

Yo'll have a great time!

1  Thank Wattfinger
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am obsessed with this place and have been twice.
I love the way things are served family style so that you can share with the people you go with. The broccoli is unreal amazing, and so are the potatoes which seem to be deep fried in love. They made me my own personal vegetarian risotto because theirs has mushrooms which I am allergic to. It was amazing! The service is great, the drinks are delicious and we have never tried anything that we don't want to get again. We have sat up at the bar both times, watching the cold prep chefs do their thing. They seem happy, and seem to love what they are doing and they put so much care into their food. It is all beautiful and delicious - can't wait to go back.
The only thing I don't get - the servers' outfits?

1  Thank hayleyshannon