“Specializes in meatballs, and in creative ways - as well as a nice bar.”

Bedford Soda & Liquor
Ranked #871 of 2,327 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Plattsburgh, New York, USA
“Specializes in meatballs, and in creative ways - as well as a nice bar.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Three of us were looking for a light dinner near our hotel and went into Ponsonby Central. We almost walked out when the waiter told us it was a meatball place. That would have been our loss, and we were glad we listened to his description then stayed. You are presented with a menu from which you can choose a type of meatball - I chose that day's special of Mediterranean lamb, a sauce - I chose pesto, and a pasta, potato or risotto - I chose risotto; and there is a salad choice, too. It was all delicious, and not heavy. My friend chose the same lamb meatball and pesto, but with polenta and enjoyed it. My husband totally enjoyed the traditional beef meatball with tomato sauce and spaghetti. We sat at the bar, as it was full when we entered, and conversed with the bartender, who told us this restaurant is based on one in New York City, and that he spent a week at the NYC original to learn about it. Bedford has been open only 12 weeks and is doing well.

• Visited March 2014

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Cool place to chill out, nice staff”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I had a couple of cocktails in here on my way back to the hotel, the place is really chilled out and welcoming. In the Ponsonby food court it's easy to find and the food was good too.

• Visited February 2014