Quest on Queen
$157
$124
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Scenic Hotel Auckland(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$121
$95
  • Restaurant
Grand Millennium Auckland(Auckland Central)
$126
$192
$159
$129
  • Restaurant
SKYCITY Grand Hotel(Auckland Central)
$158
$151
Travelocity
  • Pool
Quality Hotel Parnell(Auckland Central)(Great Value!)
$95
$90
All reviewsfort streetwashing machine and dryerprovide ear plugsfridge freezertrain stationthese apartmentsqueen stcentral locationnice balconysliding doorawesome locationcomfortable bedsky towerkitchen areagreat roomstreet noiseper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed at Quest on Queen for 4 nights altogether, when we arrived we had a note left accompanied with some ear plugs "we understand that from time to time when you are in a new environment that new sounds can disturb your sleep, we are happy to offer you a little help". It didn't become clear until that night why.

Our bedroom was 5 floors above a club and it was so loud that you could make out every lyric even with the uncomfortable ear plugs in. Didn't get much sleep for the next 4 nights, I would suggest if they are going to put people in the rooms that overlook the back of this club they warn people in advance or invest in some better ear plugs!! We were given no warning and of course paid the same as other people staying in the front facing rooms. I can see there are other reviewers who have this same experience. Not a very pleasant holiday considering it was spent in a very sleep deprived state.

Also when room service/cleaning came they took away our flannels/towels and didn't replace them! Had to call reception (which was closed) and request more.

Good location in Queen Street though, close to shops, waterfront, transport and restaurants.

Room Tip: If you are staying there make sure you have a room overlooking queen street (we were in room 5a).
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amy W
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Located not too fars walk sown hill from auckland's down town this elevated building offers good value for those wanting extra room and kitchen.
Located opposite good and cheap Japanese eating houses.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We were originally booked in for 10 nights and were ready to leave after the first five minutes. Eventually because of the early Jan arrival we managed to relocate after 3 nights to a hotel.
Where do I start..
On arrival the room we were allocated was dirty (this is before we have emptied our cases), with long black hairs in the bathroom (my wife is blonde), stains on the carpet, dusty as I have ever seen with cigarette butts on the balcony ashtray. We called reception who helpfully offered us the adjoining room that on inspection was just as bad and we declined it. We were then offered room 10C which on initial inspection was better (we only looked superficially as we were quite exasperated at this point), so we moved in to this apartment.
After lugging 6 cases into the lift with no offer of assistance from anyone we settled into the room.
That is when I noticed the detail that shocked me- a light switch in the bedroom with no cover leaving wires exposed - mould (of a significant size) blocking the fan in the bathroom along with mould and mildew accumulated around the shower cubicle. Curtains hanging off the wall and a chair that was dirty as I have ever seen.
On advising reception I was advised that this is the "best room" they have and if they move us to the other side of the building it is noisy and it gets "really bad at a weekend"!!
So unless we wanted to live on the street we had to stay.
It took me 3 days to get an alternative apartment because of the new year holidays were not officially over and places were full.
I asked the reception to offer me some gesture because of our horrendous stay and was promptly told that the "manager wouldn't budge" and we had to pay.
I have taken photos of the problems we encountered and will contest the charges through American Express as this company is unprofessional as I have ever encountered and do not deserve to have the privilege of customers occupying their rooms. One would be better staying at a youth hostel as it is cheaper and no doubt cleaner.
On the second day we were in the room when the cleaners arrived. We counted 10 mins to clean the room?!
We did not have them again and my wife washed the towels herself as the cleaners are oblivious of dirt or grime anyway.
Shame on you Quest. Absolute shame
This is not the end of the matter as far as I am concerned and I will do whatever I can to mitigate the cost of our unacceptable stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michael C
reception62, Manager at Quest on Queen, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Firstly I would like to say that the cleaning in your first apartment was not up to standard and the team here have been trained further in regards to the Quest standards. We are due for a refurbishment this year where carpets will be replaced to a carpet that is better suited for our use. I will be following up with the receptionist that you spoke with over the weekend to fully understand what happened. We take all maintenance issues seriously and the light switch should have been fixed the same day, this has now been fixed.The 'mould' is in fact lint from the dryer and ceiling cavity. I would like you to contact me directly to resolve this feedback. Please note what you experienced is not the norm and I am working with housekeeping to make sure this is not repeated.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

This accomodation has it ups and downs.

Ups: Friendly receptionist.Super king bed, very comfortable. Large spacious rooms. Cooktop (x 2 hotplate), washing machine (sachet of powder),dryer, tv, iron, plunger coffee, coffee, tea and continential breakfast. So you can be self sufficent. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and takeaways if required. Carparking was included in our price.

Downs: Looking a bit rundown and tired, cleaniness average eg:prev occupants left a leaking soya sauce sachet in the utensils drawer and the cleaner missed it, balcony could have used a sweep/clean, (bathroom ok), tv cable knocked out of the wall - took us a moment to realise this was the reason the tv wasn't working.
We had room 607 and it faces the road, nice to watch the world go by on the balcony but can be a little noisey at night when sleeping.

Suited our needs for the night and would stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheBarrsNZ
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We arrived late afternoon and reception had closed, We asked for directions to the parking building and were told it was clearly marked, after 2 calls to the staff of the Quest, (both of which seemed to have no idea of what it actually looked like or where it was since she was googling it) we found it by asking a member of the public. After 30 minutes of searching we finally parked and made our way to the apartments, the walk from the parking to the place is a little far!
You would probably benefit from having a map for those that require parking.
We arrived at our floor and it had a stench of curry which was there the entire stay.
The room was a very cosy, much smaller than the pictures look.
We had a 3rd person in the room with us so we had another bed bought up to find that the slats on the bed were broken and a pillowcase was used to tie the bed together and had no additional pillowcase for the pillow.
The balcony has no where to sit if you wanted to sit out there.
The location is great, short walk to everywhere and also the reception lady the next morning was lovely.
We will not be returning.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends