“Get a Queen Street room”
Review of Quest on Queen

Quest on Queen
Ranked #56 of 113 Specialty Lodging in Auckland
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Get a Queen Street room”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great location on lower Queen Street. Close to the ferries & train station.
Very helpful, friendly & professional staff. Helped me secure parking for my visit.
Room was a good size, clean, tidy & well equipped.
Sadly all these positives are over shadowed by the noise from a neighbouring club which ensured I only got about 3 to 4 hours sleep on my two night stay. Have stayed in a neighbouring hotel which had double glazing, I believe this would help.

Room Tip: Make sure you book a room over looking Queen Street to minimize the noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Chris B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Auckland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very nice apartment room and suited the occasion perfectly. However, we were paddling in water in the morning due to an extreme leak from the toilet. in the bathroom and kitchen area. We didn't use the shower to freshen up because of this and left early. It would be nice to get free accommodation for another weekend sometime in lieu of this serious issue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sunlover Holidays

1 Thank Royleen S
reception62, Manager at Quest on Queen, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
I am very sorry to hear about your experience with us. Can you please contact me on 09 300 2500 or manager@questonqueen.co.nz so we can discuss this further. This is not the usual standard of our apartments and we thank you for your feedback.
Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Made me wait outside for ages because they denied I had a booking. They asked me to settle the bill which I did then told me I hadn't paid the full amount and asked me to pay again. I emailed to complain and they denied that they had overcharged me. When i could provide credit card evidence they finally admitted they were in the wrong and promised to refund me. Still awaiting the refund.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank degsons10
reception62, Manager at Quest on Queen, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Good Morning, I am sorry for this inconvenience, Can you please contact me at manager@questonqueen.co.nz or 09 300 2500 so I can get this issue sorted for you. Thanks

Travelers are raving about these Auckland hotels

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Quest on Queen street has excellent front desk service when you check in. The girls at the front desk are so nice and helpful, especially Rachel. That's one of the reasons I keep coming back. My most recent stay was July 2013- It's a Great Central Location, easy walk to downtown Auckland, it's easy driving route over the Harbour Bridge to Northshore and/or any of the motorway on ramps to West or South Auckland as well. The studio rooms with kitchenette, are clean and tidy with complimentary breakfast provisions. I love that the room/apartments have their own laundry facility ( washing machine and dryer), I am so busy during the day away from the hotel that it's nice to be able to come back to my room and do my laundry privately and not have to walk down the corridor to the guest shared laundry room and check for the next available washing machine or dryer as most hotel chains seem to provide. The free parking is also a bonus, it's a tight squeeze, not a lot of room to manauever if you have a big vehicle (I have a AWD Ford Territory) But if you take your time, be patient you'll fit your vehicle into a parking space. This is my third stay here in less than 12 months.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great location, I've stayed here a few times, the rooms are a good size, just a little dated. The on-site restaurant is fantastic and the dinner meals I had bought to my room were 'up there' with top restaurants, I was very impressed.

Room Tip: Don't go out for dinner, stay in and order room service from the on-site restaurant, you won'...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great central location. Our apartment was above a popular pub, but the noise was minimal with closed doors and drawn heavy drapes.( Earplugs were supplied for noise-sensitive guests). The attention to detail in our apartment was faultless .. plunger coffee and chocolate biscuits in addition to the normal hotel consumables. Free wifi and free morning paper from reception, but no breakfast provisions as described in other reviews. The apartment was compact but it was immaculate and fantastically equipped with large modern fridge/freezer, full cooking facilities, and comfortable living area. We had to pay $22.50 a night extra for off-site nearby parking, but we paid only $104 a night for the apartment on a special offer, so this was all-up a bargain for the location and quality of the accommodation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Central downtown with free car park. Clean studio apartment with kitchenette and breakfast provisions provided. Very convenient to walking central Auckland. So much to do and see and many free entertainment events while we were there in the parks and museums. Great French restaurant just across the street from the hotel.The front desk staff was uniformly polite and helpful with all having a good sense of humor. Free loocal newspapers and an onsite bar restaurant for those interested. Being New Yorkers, we appreciated the cleanliness of Auckland and the helpfulness of the citizens. Had a great time and would stay here again anytime.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple