“Perfect!”
Review of Quest on Queen

Quest on Queen
Reviewed August 6, 2011

Very welcoming, comfortable place. I loved the Tim Tams, the ground coffee and percolator and being able to use the food in the fridge without having to tick a list! I really appreciated being able to stay on beyond checkout time. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed June 10, 2011

We stayed in a one bedroom apartment. The location is very central, only 3 mins walk from the airport bus stop, the wharf and Brittomart (main train station). The rooms were very clean and had everything we needed - kitchenette and laundry. We had a corner unit with a balcony which was great to open the doors - although when opened it was a little noisy, even on the 12th floor. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for sea views with balcony
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank palmnz
Reviewed May 26, 2011

I went to Auckland to visit my fiance. We had booked Quest on Queen due to its convenient location to downtown and to his place. For a week's stay, Quest on Queen was very nice.

My only issues were the bed was way too soft for me. Also, the cleaning was very basic (if I didn't leave the decorative pillows on the bed, they didn't get put back on the bed when it was made - things like that). Also, just bring some sort of noise cancelling item if you are staying on the weekends. I was on the 11th floor and the noise from the clubs sounded like they were next door. It was nice that Quest leaves earplugs (which weren't replaced after one use unfortunately) but the earplugs didn't make much of a dent in the noise, so for anyone staying over a weekend I would highly recommend some really good earplugs or noise cancelling item if you want to sleep before 5 AM. Also, my phone and internet didn't work. That wasn't a big deal because I was hardly in the room, but would have been nice to have the internet. I didn't complain because I just used the wireless connection my fiance has when I needed it.

I really liked having the washer/dryer and extra space for the longer stay. It made staying in Auckland a little homier.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suz519
Reviewed May 6, 2011

The room comprised of a sitting room/kitchen/dining, separate bedroom and spacious bathroom. It was well appointed, apartment style with plates, cutlery, microwave and dishwasher. A friendly maitre de at breakfast made for a good start to the day with an excellent cooked breakfast. Handy to Auckland CBD, yet quiet as double glazed windows. An air conditioner running all night by neighbouring guests annoying but not the fault of the hotel. The weather was temperate and there was no need to have it on at all in fact but some guests are very ignorant and always have to turn on appliances. Car park an added bonus. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Together with our grown up daughter, my wife and I stayed at the Quest on Queens apartment hotel for 9 days. We had two studio apartments on the 11th floor. Both had balconies, and we found them to be well equipped and spacious. The possibility to separate the bedroom from the livingroom by means of a sliding door was appreciated. Cleaning was generally good. With its central location, we experienced quite some city noise. This may disturb you, but earplugs are provideed, as well as air conditioning that enable you to close windows at night. We found that central location outweighed the disadvantage of noise. Reception service was always very nice and helpful, and the establishment's "no party policy" at least made our stay undisturbed as regards other guests. We particularly enjoyed the freedom offered by a serviced apartment versus a hotel stay, and would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment higher than 10th floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Terrible service! Booked a car park told we hadn't. Then where told that the office was shut nothing on the booking that said the office closed at 4 on a Saturday. Actually said it was 7 till 8! Would never stay again staff were rude! Room ok and quite noisy stayed on queen street side.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Very clean and easy to find. Parking was a hassle but a comfy bed and nice little touches in the room. Will be back.

Can be a little noisy from the street, but nothing that kept me awake.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business