“Great location, very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Auckland
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great location, very comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

All in all, I was very satisfied spending two nights in this hotel right after landing in Auckland. The room was large and clean, and the location is great. The variety of restaurants and the proximity to the Skycity tower (as well as to many of the city's attractions) are also a plus.
I was somewhat disappointed by the Internet connection speed (both wired and wireless), which made it pretty unusable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Assaf,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at SKYCITY Hotel. I am thrilled you were happy with your hotel room and central location right below the iconic Sky Tower.

I am disappointed to read about the issues you had with the internet connection throughout your stay. I welcome you to contact me directly with details of your stay so I may investigate this further with our IT team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

Partner & I have stayed twice, 4 days & 7 days. Professional staff; always helpful. Stayed in a studio off the courtyard. As a smoker, I was annoyed people were using saucers as ashtrays. Noticed a lot of butts on the ground. Ashtrays were provided but not by the outside furniture by the rooms. Staff did try to keep on top of this. Acknowledgement to the room cleaning staff, they did a great job of the rooms, friendly & helpful. I made our bed & they re made it, lol, well done. Would suggest tea towels for the studio units, had to use flannels to dry my dishes & wipe the benches. Over all, still worth 5 stars. Have recommended to family, friends & colleagues. See you again SkyCity in June & November 2014.

Room Tip: Loved the courtyard studio's, opened the doors, a/c not always needed.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Zep,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are thrilled you had a wonderful stay and experience at SKYCITY, the heart of entertainment in Auckland.

Our courtyard accessible rooms are very popular with our guests and I am pleased you took advantage of these rooms. I apologise for the lack of ash trays on the outdoor furniture and I have shared your comments with our management team for review.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel, we have a very efficient and meticulous housekeeping team who were pleased to receive your positive comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in June & November later this year.

Taunton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

The Skycity hotel in Auckland is very well placed, beautifully appointed and was perfect for our three night stay. However, we paid extra for a harbour view and there is no way that room could be called a harbour view. We could just see the tops of boats way out in the distance but it was not the view we had dreamed of relaxing and watching.
Our room was large, the bed very comfortable and although not a view of the harbour the view was nonetheless good to look at.
Breakfast was a huge disappointment. Food was at best luke warm and not very exciting.
Generally staff were not particularly helpful with the exception of the porter that helped us to get out luggage some distance from the front door due to road works.
I would stay here again for the location is excellent

Room Tip: Really make sure you are getting a harbour view before you pay for one. Im not actually sure a harbo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LynSJB,

Thank you for your post on TripAdvisor. We definitely have one of the best locations in town and I am thrilled this enhanced your stay.

I am disappointed that our harbour view did not meet your expectation, however, due to the location of our hotel, the harbour is somewhat distant but in view nevertheless. Please accept my apologies for your unsatisfactory breakfast experience and rest assured, I have shared your comments with the restaurant manager who is investigating the points raised to ensure this is prevented in the future.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and I am pleased the porter who assisted with your luggage demonstrated this, however, I apologise for your general experience with other staff members. Rest assured, further training has been implemented to ensure your experience is not repeated. I welcome you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss your experience or future reservations in further detail.

Once again, thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Not a fabulous check-in. The clerk was a bit airy fairy about the self-parking. Should have given us a ticket to use to get out. Said he was really busy but we were only one of two couples. The room was lovely and clean, but the carpet in the hallways was stained, the TV reception was terrible as were the programs. The king bed was fabulous and comfortable. Nice crispy clean sheets. No real milk for our coffee and tea. No complaints about the room service. It was serviced beautifuuly.
We got the feeling we had been shoved in the crappy part on H4 because we had booked through Wotif. Won't do that again.
This hotel has been refurbished on the cheap. What a shame. We have stayed at Sky Grand before and will go there next time.

Fortuna breakfast was fabulous. 200% on last visit.

Two other restaurants in the hotel were also good value and nice food.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Travellin’ R,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel.

I am glad you were impressed with our king beds and room cleanliness, but I apologise that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. Our Front Office Manager has reviewed parking policies with all staff members to ensure the confusion you experienced on check-in is not repeated.

Furthermore, I am pleased to confirm our management team are in the process of finalising and commencing new carpet installation throughout the hotel. In addition, an HD television system overhaul will soon take place in each of our Hotel rooms, which will combat poor television reception.

Finally, please rest assured, each and every one of our guests are very important to us, regardless of the source of their reservation. It is possible your reservation was made as a run of house booking, where rooms are assigned with respect to hotel room availability.

I welcome you to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the points raised in further detail. I look forward to hearing from you.

Basildon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

Arrived in late November and stayed until early December as part of our round the world trip. Room was very large, quiet and clean with all the facilities you would expect, plus many bars and casino. Service was great. Location superb and we would thoroughly recommend this hotel for a stay in Auckland

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear B0bandJill,

Thank you for your review of SKYCITY Hotel. I trust you have returned home safely and have some wonderful memories of your round the world trip.

Here at SKYCITY we strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and I am pleased you definitely received that. I am sure fellow travellers will appreciate your recommendation.

My team and I hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel should you return to Auckland, New Zealand in the future.

Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

An overnight stay before heading North gave us a chance to kick back and relax for the night.
The Hotel is perfectly placed for a whistle stop tour of Auckland, the rooms are very comfortable and of course there is the benefit of the casino for the latter part of the evening (Yes we did come out ahead!)
My only disappointment this trip is that the absolutely fantastic Depot Eatery in Federal Street (right outside the Hotel entrance) was closed for the Xmas Holidays (as were a few others). It's Al Browns Place and is a good enough reason alone to visit! (Come on TA -get it on here)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Norman,

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled you were able to relax and recharge here at SKYCITY Hotel prior to your travels further north. I do apologise for the fact that Depot was closed during your visit due to the ongoing Federal St construction, however, I am pleased to confirm the Depot, Fed Deli & MASU have since opened their doors for business. We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

A very large "experience" hotel in Auckland, situated in the Sky Tower complex. We were given a very comfortable suite, with large sitting room and bathroom. Clean and quiet, great views, and very handy for the SkyTower (extra charges apply). The local area didn't seem too promising, but we found a decent Italian restaurant just a block away and it's ten minutes' walk to Viaduct Harbour.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear UKtraveller2014,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. I am pleased you were impressed with your SKYCITY Hotel suite and location.

Here at SKYCITY, with over 20 restaurants and bars, there is something to tempt every palette and budget without having to leave the complex. Whether you fancy chic and elegant dining or a full buffet, there is a restaurant or bar to suit every occasion at SKYCITY.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.