“Good location”

GreenLeadersGold level
Adelaide, Australia
“Good location”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is located in a very good location just next to the sky tower. The harbour and shops are just a few minutes walk away.
Staff was friendly and vallet parking was convenient. Rooms were relatively new and tidy.
The jade dragon Chinese restaurant had good food but can be quite pricy. Eg cockles was $12 each. Overall though a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Ivan888,

Thank you for taking the time to review SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor. My team and I are pleased you had an enjoyable visit.

At 328 metres high, the SKYTOWER is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and offers breathtaking views of Auckland for up to 80kms in every direction. A definite ‘must see’ when staying at SKYCITY.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Ida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Sarnen
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel several times. I do like the location. However, every time I have stayed at this Hotel the staff was very unproffessional !

Either they dont have a managment or have no idea about Hotel management.

3 pm check in time. Rooms are rarely ready by that time. Hotel has plenty of staff but are not organized. I was a part of a tour Group and they were not able to deliver the suitcases in a reasonable time.. more than 2 hours and still we were looking for suitcases. As a City Hotel in the biggest City of New Zealand, I feel sorry for the guests and it gives the overseas customers a very bad impression about beautiful New Zealand and the tourismindustry in this country.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Lovely hotel and location, this made maximised our short stay in Auckland The staff and accommodation at this hotel is at a very high level. Recommend this as a feet base to visit this city, shuttle bus stop s only minutes away, as is the harbour. If you have time the view from the tower has to be experienced.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JPswim,

Thank you for your recommendation of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our handy central location.

Our efficient Concierge team will be more than happy to organise a shuttle service to the airport leaving right from our front door. SKYCITY also offers a luxury limousine service that can be arranged for that extra touch of comfort (additional fee).

Many thanks,
Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent one night at Sky City and were so impressed with the service we received.
We thought we'd check on the off chance if we could check in early - normal check in time is 3pm I believe.
By 8.45am we were in our room! Not only that but we were upgraded to a suite which was beautiful.
We bought a package which included a bottle of bubbles, massage oil and beautiful smelling hand made soaps, chocolates, cooked room service breakfast,valet parking and late check out for $279. For a beautiful inner city hotel such as this you would expect to pay that just for the accommodation without any of the extras.
Every staff member we came onto contact with could not have been friendlier or more professional.
Really cool that we could have a small flutter in the casino too.
I would stay again - absolutely.

• Stayed November 2013
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear twebster75,

Thank you for your wonderful review of SKYCITY Hotel. I am pleased our team were able to check you in early and upgrade you to a suite, making your stay that much more special.

Our DND package is very popular and is definitely exceptional value for money. We also offer a ‘City Experience Package’ which is similar to your DND package but also features a delicious set dinner for two in the revolving Orbit restaurant located in the SKYTOWER.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel on your next visit to Auckland City.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 9, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a stay in their Hotel. My husband booked the romance package, which comes complete with champagne, chocolates, scented soaps and massage oil. It also includes free valet parking, breakfast next morning and late check-out of 12 pm the following day. We arrived to find out that we had been upgraded, at no extra charge, to their king suite, which is a two room apartment style suite. Excellent views of the cityscape and sunset at night.

We will definitely book another stay like this for our next anniversary.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hawke's Bay Region, New Zealand
Reviewed November 9, 2013

On arrival at the hotel (with pre-paid valet parking), valet took my suitcase, upon checking in at reception I checked that my suitcase would be brought straight up to our room. Once in room, super view, excellent standard room, plenty of room for 2 friends sharing. Had to ring to find out where suitcase had got to after 15 mins, told it would be brought straight up, waited 30 mins, rung again, same response. Long story short: rung reception 4 times, they rung me twice asking me to 'describe' my suitcase - clearly lost! I advised I had a function I needed to get to in an hour, suitcase finally arrived (no apology, staff just walked off) with 5 mins to get changed and leave!
Such a shame as really enjoyed the rest of stay and really liked the hotel, central, easy to find (just look for the Skytower!).

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kay,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay you experienced in waiting to receive your luggage in your room. Here at SKYCITY Hotel we have policies in place to avoid such a situation. I welcome you to contact me directly with further details of your visit so I may investigate this further and identify where we fell short of providing an exceptional experience in the first instance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hotel Administrator
Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Auckland
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Amazing service, great staff, central location could not fault my stay one little bit. World Class. You cannot go wrong staying one of the most centrally located hotels in Auckland with rooms and services beyond compare.

Room Tip: It is all good.