“Would recommend staying here!”
Review of SKYCITY Hotel

SKYCITY Hotel
Ranked #13 of 66 Hotels in Auckland Central
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My partner and I went here for 2 days to kick off our honeymoon, and I must say, all in all, it was a great place to go. We were upgraded to a suite and all the staff were extremely professional. On one occasion when we ordered room service, the bloke that brought it up took interest in the game we were playing (its just the little things like this) that really made the stay enjoyable. The only slight thing to mention from this trip was the room next to ours seems to have a party going till 4AM before the hotel broke it up (seems a bit long to allow this sort of thing to continue).

Overall, the staff were courteous, the rooms clean and champagne cold, a good hotel to stay at!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear whatthe2070,

Congratulations on your recent wedding. We hope you have some wonderful memories of your honeymoon in New Zealand and I am pleased our staff were able to upgrade you to a suite making your lovely occasion extra special. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of SKYCITY Hotel on TripAdvisor.

It was great to read your feedback regarding our in-room dining attendant, I have shared this with the team who were delighted to hear it.

Please accept our apologies for the disruption you experienced with noisy guests next door. Rest assured, here at SKYCITY Hotel we have a strict no-party policy. Should this be ignored, our Security team may go so far as to escort the offending guests from the property. While I am unsure of the details of your stay, I welcome you to contact me directly so I may investigate this further.

I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay for the most part and we look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel.

ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Write a ReviewReviews (1,975)

Reviewed October 19, 2013

hi when ever we can we book a night or two away and go to sky city,escape the kids and the country,we always get welcomed and feel well looked after ,sometimes we have been surprised and been up graded which is so so lovely as when you have kids it can be hard to get people to have them so is extra special always .

Room Tip: ask if there is a bath or a shower or both.

Dear Julie,

I am delighted that SKYCITY is your destination to escape for a night away. Here at SKYCITY we strive to provide an exceptional customer experience and I was pleased to read your wonderful feedback.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next escape.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We arrived at SkyCity for the first stop on our honeymoon to find we'd been upgraded from a deluxe room to a suite! The extra space was very welcome, and we were made to feel very special with bottles of wine, chocolates and the outstanding room service breakfast. We'll definitely stay at SkyCity again in the future!

Room Tip: If you're travelling for a special occasion, let them know in the comments when you book - you m...
1  Thank snarkyroxy

Dear Snarkyroxy,

Congratulations on your recent wedding. I trust you have some wonderful memories of your honeymoon in New Zealand. I am pleased our team were able to upgrade you to a suite, helping to make your wonderful occasion extra special.

Here at SKYCITY, we have a range of packages available which give you the opportunity to experience some of the fantastic options SKYCITY has to offer. Our website details our latest promotions which include ‘High Tea’ in Orbit or the ‘Height of Relaxation’ package with lunch in Orbit followed by a treatment at East Day Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

first off lets just say my wife and i have come home happy and very satisfied.
this was our first ever trip to skycity we went because it was our 30th wedding anniversary and we wanted to do something special , wendy (thats the boss) booked a do not disturb package (woohoo!) for $179.00 sweet we're off!.....thats all on our antics for now
seriously right from the minute we arrived we had a blast! the staff were all fantastic, helpful , polite and very friendly. WE had no problems working out how to use our card keys! just getting to the right floor posed a little problem lol wendy reckons i cant multi task! we got to the room wow is all we could say, people you reallyu need to come here to experience it well done skycity

Dear Alistair,

Firstly, congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary. I am pleased we were able to help you both celebrate this magical occasion.

Our ‘Do Not Disturb’ package is very popular here at SKYCITY and is terrific value for money at $279.00. I am thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. Perhaps in the future you may be interested in our ‘City Experience’ package, which includes dinner for two at Orbit restaurant in the SKYTOWER with breathtaking 360º views and a delicious menu. A lovely way to spend an evening at 192 metres above Auckland City! Please keep an eye on our website and facebook page for our latest promotions and packages.

The team and I look forward to your next stay here at SKYCITY Hotel.

Best wishes,

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

First class service! From the moment the valet collected our car to the moment we checked out, staff were amazing and accommodating! Staying here meant I was within 2 minutes walk for my meeting and free wi-fi meant I could get work done in between. The chocolates on arrival is such a small but lovely gesture. The rooms immaculate with plenty of towels. I was having problems with air con but a staff member rushed up and showed me how to work it, my mistake not theirs. Would definitely recommend and will stay there again :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Hali,

Thank you for your brilliant recommendation on TripAdvisor.

My team and I will be delighted to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Many thanks,

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Thought this place would of been amazing due to the name but it clearly wasnt!
First when we walked in we had to ask for a trolley to put our bags on when
i went to rydges they ran to the door to collect our bags, sky city clearly didnt do that.
We were unsure on how to use our card keys to unlock the room and use in the lift.
they disactivated during our stay so we coudnt use the lift we had to ask someone to help us and had to ask the cleaner to unlock our door for us.
They did not tell us to not put them around our cell phone or credit cards!
The rooms were average no knifes or forks for us to use, there was a pubic hair on the floor in the bathroom, the beds were small we didnt know how to work the wi-fi that was free.
during the stay of the two nights our room DID NOT get cleaned we ran of toilet paper,towels, there was no bath mat so we had to use a small hand towel.
our rubbish wasnt emptied either we had to ask the cleaner to take it off us, i stayed with 3 other female friends so we had alot of rubbish from shopping etc.
We orderd room service on the last night that was great resonable price and didnt take to long
went to the buffet fortuna on the first night and that was very cheap and nasty, had no gluten free options for my friend!
we had one young girl service us and she was lovely! orderd cocktails and asked for large glasses and she gave them to us most places dont do that.
The parking was shocking i lost my car could not find it and the staff werent very helpful at all.
When we went to leave we asked for someone to help us with our bags we came and dropped them! we had other guy helping us taking our bags to the carpark and packed our bags in the car he was lovely! also helped me find my car again!
Prob woudnt stay there again would try out sky city grand.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Tasha,

I was disappointed to read about your experience during your recent visit to SKYCITY Hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unsatisfactory experience you had. I can see that we clearly failed to meet your expectations on this visit and I would like to assure you that we have conducted further training in front office and housekeeping to ensure a similar incident doesn’t happen again.

I would like clarify the comments regarding our bedding configuration. We currently offer king beds and queen sized beds across our property, with queen beds only being used in our twin rooms. Furthermore, knives and forks are not provided in the hotel rooms but we have 28 restaurants in the complex for you to enjoy and a room service department that would also extend this service.

My team and I strive to provide an exceptional guest experience and please be assured this is not the high level of service we take pride in. Unfortunately, from time to time mistakes do happen, however, we are committed to rectifying such errors and taking the necessary measures to ensure the same does not occur in the future.

Please contact me directly with the details of your stay in order for me to thoroughly investigate the points raised. I am confident we can restore your faith in SKYCITY Hotel in the future and meet, if not exceed your expectations.

Ida Uea
Hotel Administrator
ida.uea@skycity.co.nz

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I wasn't expecting much for some reason, but was pleasantly surprised. Staff were very helpful to rectify the fact that I booked the wrong package deal without costing me much extra, I got breakfast included in my package and they didn't charge any extra for my two children and even got parking for free. I was stoked and definitely will come back and recommend to my friends and family. The bonus was that the kids thought it was SO very cool, they loved the sky tower, I got a big relaxing bath and the bed was super comfortable. Thanks for an awesome stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jody,

I am delighted our team were able to assist you in correcting your accommodation package to ensure your visit to SKYCITY was an excellent experience.

At 328 metres high, the SKYTOWER is the tallest man-made structure in New Zealand and offers spectacular views of Auckland for up to 80km’s in every direction. I am pleased your children had a memorable experience and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to SKYCITY Hotel in the near future.

Many thanks,