“O......M.......G..........AWSOME.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“O......M.......G..........AWSOME.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Where else but in skycity NZ does the concierge give you a kiss goodbye and nest time your over this way and staying in the hotel he will take us home to meet the family and have a feed lol. This hotel was truly an amazing experience. The staff just went so far out of their way to help...the rooms were out of this world. Big, beautiful, clean. There's even a balcony on the 3rd floor for smokers so they don't have to go down to the ground and outside, down the street and around the corner. The beds were HUGE and comfortable, clean and luxurious. The bathrooms were unbelievable. The casino was right there and so many places to get a feed from a toasted sandy right up to 5 stat dinning. There is such a huge price range, from the very affordable to the 'welcome to our hotel Mr President'.....I promise you WILL NOT be disappointed staying here. Oh and the valet parking was just wonderful, drive up to the doors, met by the concierge, give him your keys and off you go to your room without worrying about your car. Then when you want to go for a tiki tour you just present your ticket and your off again. I just cannot rave about this hotel enough. I will definitely be staying here every time I visit NZ. Loved every second of it.

I can't say anything bad about this hotel, the only thing that I found a little bit embarrassing was the rooms were not very sound proof so when you are walking up the corridor to get to your room you can hear EVERYTHING going on in the room you pass.....which was a little embarrassing at times if you know what I mean....but that's only walking up the corridors....when your in your room you can't hear a thing.

My sister and I also enjoyed in room dining, food was exceptional, staff were amazing and price was really great.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the skycity grand hotel....so I can't really comment on rooms yet....b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of SKYCITY Hotel. My team and I are thrilled you and your sister thoroughly enjoyed your stay and hope you have returned home safely.

On the first floor of our hotel we offer a number of rooms with direct courtyard access, making it easy to pop out into our open courtyard area as an alternative to leaving the hotel floors. These are available on request.

We look forward to welcoming you back to SKYCITY in the near future for another truly amazing experience.

Best wishes,
Ida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are fine, although a couple of niggles stick with me: rainfall shower head could not be activated (lever wouldn't lock into place) and there was a lot of noise from outside. The building across the road had a fire alarm/evacuation and it could be heard very clearly in my room (woke me up!). The biggest worry, however, was when I opened my curtains at 9am, there was a man in a harness hanging outside my window! Thankfully I was suitably attired. I reported thus to staff upon checkout and it appeared they were as surprised as I was. There had been no warning that any exterior work was being done. This event soured my overall impression of the hotel. But free wifi was a bonus.

• Stayed August 2013
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Lily,

Thank you for your feedback via TripAdvisor.

We review our feedback daily and constantly look at ways of exceeding our guests expectations. It is with feedback like yours we can review our service delivery and refine it.

I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience with the external window cleaning you had during your stay. Rest assured this work was carried out earlier than we allow and the appropriate follow up has taken place to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Please contact me directly with your details to allow us to investigate this fully and respond to the points raised.

Kind regards,
ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love staying at sky city me and my husband stay here for Date nights we have 2 kids(3 & 4) and we can get baby sitters from Sky city this is one of the BEST THINGS EVER!!! and is not badly priced $15 per hour + Booking fee the staff are very helpful and friendly and the concierge team are wonderful they book every thing for as (babysitter, Dinner, they even once printed off info i needed for a meeting ) Great work Sky city Hotel.
Also i got rewards card so now i haven't needed to pay for parking !!!! saving $20
Skycity Hotel you will be seeing as next month and hopefully every month after that we love it.
Every thing under one Roof and no need to worry about drink driving and if they have a problem with my kids(hasn't happened yet) i am an elevator ride away (less then 5min)

Room Tip: Should get a Harbour view room or if you dont you over look other rooms and if you have a bigger bu...
Dear Maree P,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review of SKYCITY Hotel on Trip Advisor. My team and I are thrilled that you and your family have had such wonderful experiences while staying at SKYCITY.

Here at SKYCITY Hotel we strive to provide an exceptional customer experience and it is fantastic to see that this has definitely been achieved through the services we offer such as babysitting. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next month for another successful date night.

Best wishes,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I found the hotel via the internet and was not disappointed. My son and myself found the hotel to be excellent with a very good central location. Considering the location and amenities the price for the room was very good value. We used room service on one occasion and the service and food quality was also very good. Unlike other reviewers, I found the staff to be very helpful and knowledgeable. The concierge was especially helpful and informative. As it was a father and (young) son visit I didn’t use the casino or bars. I would happily recommend and re-visit the SKY CITY HOTEL. A very pleasant 4 day stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor with a harbor bridge view. Recommended.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Roland O,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review SKYCITY Hotel on Trip Advisor. I trust you and your son have returned safely to Shanghai and enjoyed your visit to New Zealand.

The team and I are thrilled you had a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Even the staff seam to get confused as to what is where which resulted in us spending 45mins looking for breakfast. Next they kept giving us to directions to bars that weren't open?! Within the hotel! Thankfully we ran into Kim Stone on our search who set things right and even bought a round for our trouble and in doing so guaranteed a customer for life because everything else at this hotel was great! Food, room service, casino, maid service and room quality all exceeded expectations! 1st class!

• Stayed August 2013
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear ewmagain,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of SKYCITY Hotel on Trip Advisor.

We appreciate your feedback and I apologise for the incorrect information that you received. I am pleased Kim Stone was able to assist you and turn your experience around. I have shared your positive comments with her.

I welcome you to contact me with your details to allow me to investigate further.

Ida.uea@skycity.co.nz
Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Comfortable rooms even we add extra bed.
Staffs are friendly and helpful.
Superb location, easy to get foods, landscape and transportation.
They even upgrade our room to Junior Suite during our last stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
SKYCITY H, Ida Uea, Hotel Administrator at SKYCITY Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear DewiMasnun,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to receive such positive feedback. I was pleased to read that our staff were able to upgrade your room to make your stay extra special.

We hope to welcome you back to SKYCITY Hotel in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very nice hotel in a great location in CBD. Walkable to ferries. David in concierge was very helpful in recommendations for last minute itinerary changes. We stayed for a couple of nights when we first arrived, left some luggage behind while we traveled south and returned for a final night before our flight home. Would definitely stay here again.

Dear Monica S,

Thank you for your positive review on Trip Advisor. David and the team were thrilled to hear your great feedback.

We hope to welcome you back next time you return to Auckland.